UND Award for Departmental Excellence in Research
Nominations are invited for The UND Award for Departmental Excellence in Research, recognizing research, scholarly, and creative productivity. The winning department will receive a monetary award at the Founders Day Banquet.
Nominations should include information that will allow the selection committee to judge the quantity and quality of the research, scholarly, and creative activities of the department. At a minimum, such nominations should include:
- A listing of published research or other creative or scholarly activities over the last five years.
- Additional information for those years, such as a brief synopsis of ongoing research activities, the number and type of active sponsored projects, dissertations or other research papers presented by students, performances or scholarly presentations by faculty, etc., should be included if they contribute to the overall picture of a department's research, scholarly, and creative activities.
- A statement of support from the dean is required.
Nominations are due no later than Friday, January 11, 2019.The nomination and supporting documentation must be submitted electronically as a SINGLE PDF file to vpr@research.UND.edu.
The awardee will be selected by the Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development (chair) and selected others.
Since previous awardees are ineligible for nomination until five years have passed, Chemistry (2017), Biology (2016), Sociology (2015) Atmospheric Sciences (2014), and the Center for Rural Health (2013) may not be nominated this year.
If further information is desired, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development at 701.777.6736.
- 2019 Energy & Environmental Research
- 2018 Biomedical Sciences and Marketing
- 2017 Chemistry
- 2016 Biology
- 2015 Sociology
- 2014 Atmospheric Sciences
- 2013 Center for Rural Health
- 2012 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2011 Chemical Engineering
- 2010 Biology
- 2010 Pharmacology, Physiology & Therapeutics
- 2009 Chemistry
- 2008 Psychology
- 2007 None Awarded
- 2006 None Awarded
- 2005 Chemical Engineering
- 2004 Microbiology and Immunology
- 2003 English and Atmospheric Sciences
- 2002 Biology
- 2001 Neuroscience
- 2000 Physics
- 1999 Chemistry
- 1998 Counseling
- 1997 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 1996 Biology
- 1995 Geology and Geological Engineering
- 1994 History
- 1993 Pharmacology and Toxicology
- 1992 Anthropology
- 1991 English
- 1990 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 1989 Biology
- 1988 Atmospheric Sciences
- 1987 History
- 1986 Chemistry
- 1985 Geology
- 1984 Sociology
- 1983 Anatomy
- 1982 Biology
- 1981 Biochemistry
- 1980 Anthorpology/Archaeology
- 1979 Visual Arts
- 1978 Chemistry
- 1977 Physiology/Pharmacology
- 1976 Special Education and Statistics
- 1975 Anatomy
- 1974 Microbiology
- 1973 Chemical Engineering
- 1972 Chemistry
- 1971 Biology
- 1970 Psychology
- 1969 History
- 1968 Biochemistry