Faculty Achievement Award
Nominations are invited for The UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Research.
The winner will receive a monetary award at the Founders Day Banquet. Tenured faculty who have been at UND at least five years are eligible to receive this award.
The following information should be provided:
- A listing of publications of significant, original and high-quality research, scholarly, and creative contributions in nationally recognized professional journals that are refereed by peer reviewers and/or a listing of juried competitions and invited performances/exhibitions.
- Overall scholarly activities, such as service as a reviewer of research proposals for federal agencies or other funding sources, service as a referee or editor for professional journals, and contributions to training students in research, scholarly, and creative endeavors.
- Potential for significant contributions to enhancing the effectiveness of the subject matter taught in the classroom.
- A letter of support from the department chair, if the nominee is a faculty member, or from the dean, if the nominee is the chair of the department.
Faculty, staff and students may make nominations, and faculty are invited to nominate themselves. Since the committee will not engage in the gathering of documentation, each nomination or application must be accompanied by thorough evidence of the nominee's qualifications for the award. Nominations are due no later than Friday, January 11, 2019. The nomination and supporting documentation must be submitted electronically as a SINGLE PDF file to vpr@research.UND.edu.
The awardee will be selected by the Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development (chair) and selected others.
Since previous awardees are ineligible for nomination until five years have passed, Colin Combs (2018) Othman Ghribi (2017), Michelle Sauer and Brij Singh (2016), Jonathan Geiger (2015), Alena Kubatova and Jefferson Vaughan (2014) may not be nominated this year.
If further information is desired, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development at 777-6736.
- 2019 Marc Basson and Thomasine Heitkamp
- 2018 Colin Combs
- 2017 Othman Ghribi
- 2016 Michelle Sauer and Brij Singh
- 2015 Jonathan Geiger
- 2014 Alena Kubatova and Jefferson Vaughan
- 2013 Mark Hoffmann and Holly Brown-Borg
- 2012 Sandra Short
- 2011 Sandra Donaldson
- 2010 Vasyl Tkach
- 2009 Eric Murphy
- 2008 None Awarded
- 2007 Michael J. Gaffey and Wayne S. Seames
- 2006 Michael D. Mann
- 2005 F. Richard Ferraro
- 2004 Manuchair Ebadi
- 2003 Jody Rada and Jay Meek
- 2002 Joyce Coleman and Jeffery W. Lang
- 2001 Leon F. Osborne
- 2000 Edward C. Carlson
- 1999 Diane Langemo and David Lambeth
- 1998 Jeffrey Stith
- 1997 Richard D. Crawford
- 1996 Arthur R. Buckley
- 1995 Sharon and Richard Wilsnack
- 1994 Michael Anderegg
- 1993 Robert C. Nordlie
- 1992 David W. Hein
- 1991 William D. Gosnold
- 1990 William Borden
- 1989 Richard G. Landry
- 1988 Bill E. Beckwith
- 1987 Robert C. Nordlie
- 1986 Sharon C. Wilsnack
- 1985 Lewis W. Oring