VPRED Search Committee
The 16-members search committee is lead by Eric LInk, vice president for academic affairs and provost, with the support of search consultants from Academic Search.
Department Chair, Director School of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
PhD Student, Geological Engineering
Director of Communication & Corporate Partnership, Research & Economic Development
Chief Research Officer, EERC
Dean, John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences
President/CEO, Grand Forks Region Economic Development Corporation
Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Department Chair, Sociology
Vice President of Finance, UND Alumni Association & Foundation
Director, Research & Sponsored Program Development, Research & Economic Development
Chih Ming Tan
Associate Dean for Research, Nistler College of Business & Public Administration
Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
Director, Center for Innovation
Vice President and Dean, School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Jen Rogers - Chief Administrative Officer
Special Projects Assistant, Finance & Operations
- Adopt a timetable for the search that will permit the public announcement of the new vice president by November 15, 2023.
- Recommend an advertisement and profile representing the criteria for the position of VPRED, including the necessary skills and attributes sought for the position.
- Conduct an active national search to attract highly qualified candidates with/through the search consultants and relying upon each member’s own connections.
- Evaluate nominations and applications.
- Assess candidates via remote semi-finalist interviews and on-campus finalist interviews.
- Present the president with list of 3-4 finalists, a description of each candidate’s strengths and weaknesses, and an unranked list of those candidates who are deemed most qualified for the role of VPRED.
- Observe strict confidentiality in the conduct of the search. Any member of the search committee who breaches confidentiality may be removed from the committee.
- Promote a diverse candidate pool while abiding by UND and NDUS equal opportunity and non-discrimination guidelines.
- Serve without predetermined bias for or against any prospective candidates nominated, referred, or discovered in the search process.
Search Time Line
|April 3||Initial search committee meeting|
|April 24 (week of)||Focus groups conducted by Academic Search|
|May 11||Follow-on search committee meeting|
|Mid June||Search is launched|
|June - August||Recruitment period|
|August 22||Best consideration deadline for applications|
|August 29||Committee identifies candidates for Zoom interviews|
|September 11-12||Committee conducts Zoom interviews|
|September 13-20||Academic Search conducts due diligence|
|September 22||Committee identifies finalists for on-campus interviews|
|October 16 and 23 (weeks of)||On-campus interviews with finalists|
|Early November||Committee recommends candidates for president's consideration|