About the Grand Challenges
Through modest investments in research, UND expertise could power great things for North Dakota.
To accomplish part of that goal, UND has defined five Grand Challenges, generating opportunity by helping diversify North Dakota’s economy and addressing social issues.
Grand Challenges Goals
- Promote energy security and environmental sustainability.
- Address health challenges through basic, clinical and transitional discovery.
- Help rural communities solve their unique health and social problems.
- Drive the world-changing developments of UAS and do so in a way that reflects UND's values.
- Effectively, efficiently, and ethically produce, manage, and securely use information in the age of big data.
The goal by 2022 is to secure 120 million from internal and external funding sources.
If we invest in collection of big data and all work together, everyone will benefit. That’s how we win as a state.North Dakota Gov. Doug BurgumUND Campus