Limited Submission Opportunities
Limited submissions are funding opportunities from sponsors that restrict the number of proposals that an institution can submit. If more proposals from the institution are submitted than the sponsor has listed, all of the institution's submissions may be in eligible.
With these types of funding opportunities, UND manages an internal selection process through the Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development (VPRED) to choose a proposal to send to the sponsor.
See below for limited submission opportunities.
Submitting a Pre-Proposal White Paper
The VPRED office circulates internal application information to all UND faculty and research staff via email and posts it to the VPRED website. If a member of the UND community wants to apply for a limited submission grant that is not listed by the VPRED office, the VPRED office should be notified in a timely manner so that a call can be sent out to the entire UND community.
After identifying a limited submission, please submit a pre-proposal white paper to the VPRED’s office at vpr.proposals@UND.edu.
The pre-proposal white papers will vary to some extent depending on the requirements of each limited submission. Specific instructions on content, length, and formatting will be provided in the VPRED’s call that is sent out to the UND community. If the VPRED does not send out a call for a particular limited submission, please contact the VPRED office for instructions on how to apply for it.
Limited Submission Review Process
For limited submission grant opportunities, the associate deans for research (ADRs) serve as the standing committee for review of internal submissions, under the director of the deans and the VPRED. Typically, a subcommittee of the ADRs is selected depending on the applicant pool and the areas for which the funding is most relevant. If necessary or beneficial, ADRs will appoint or request additional relevant faculty members from their college or school to review applications in an internal competition.
In addition, the Grand Challenge Champion, or a member of his or her team, may be consulted about the applications for all internal competitions. This step provides both subject matter expertise and strategic perspective.
In the end, a recommendation is given to the VPRED for final decision.
Limited Submission Opportunities
For more information, find these funding opportunities in the GrantForward database.
- NSF Partnerships in Innovation:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 1/8/2020
- NSF ADVANCE: Organizational Change for Gender Equity in STEM Academic:
Professions: Final Submission to Sponsor: 1/15/2020
- NSF Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) Program:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 1/21/2020
- NSF EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program (RII Track-2 FEC):
Final Submission to Sponsor: 1/24/2020
- NIH Collaborative Program Grant for Multidisciplinary Teams (RM1):
Final Submission to Sponsor: 1/25/2020
- NIGMS Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (PAR-19-313) (COBRE) phase 1:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 1 1/27/2020
- NSF Science and Technology Centers: Integrative Partnerships:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 1/27/2020
- NSF National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 1/28/2020
- NSF Physics Frontiers Centers:
Final Submission to Sponsor:1/30/2020
- NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) Program:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 2/6/2020
- Henry Luce Foundation: Advancing Public Scholarship on Religion and Theology:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 2/15/2020
- NSF Cultivating Cultures for Ethical STEM:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 2/24/2020
- NSF Scholarships in STEM:
Final Submission to Sponsor:3/25/2020
- NIH Graduate Research Training Initiative for Student Enhancement (RISE) (T32):
Final Submission to Sponsor: 5/21/2020
- NIH Nutrition Obesity Research Centers (NORCs) (P30 Clinical Trial Optional):
Final Submission to Sponsor: 6/2/2020
- NSF Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) in Engineering and Computer Science:
Final Submission to Sponsor: 9/16/2020
- NSF Advancing Digitization of Biodiversity Collections (ADBC):
Final Submission to Sponsor: 10/9/2020
Proposal Preparation Contact
For questions regarding proposal preparation, contact Karen Katrinak at vpr.proposals@UND.edu; 701-777-2505.