The University of North Dakota is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations/academic adjustments to qualified students with disabilities to ensure there is no discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Include a disability access statement (see below) on each course syllabus.
- You may ask to see an accommodation verification document which lists recommended accommodations for the current semester to verify the student is registered with Accessibility for Students.
- Discuss and implement the student's request for reasonable accommodations.
- If unsure how to respond to an accommodation request consult with Accessibility for Students.
Accessibility for Students Responsibilities
- Verify a student's eligibility for reasonable accommodation
- Assist students with managing specific accommodations.
- Assist faculty in providing equal access in the classroom to students with disabilities while maintaining academic standards.
- Obtain accommodation verification document from Accessibility for Students.
- Discuss and make necessary arrangements for accommodations with faculty.
- Notify instructor or Accessibility for Students of problems or concerns with accommodations.
Disability Access Statement
Accessibility for Students recommends the following disability access statement be placed in each course syllabus:
The University of North Dakota is committed to providing equal access to students with documented disabilities. To ensure access to this class and your program, please contact Accessibility for Students to engage in a confidential discussion about accommodations for the classroom and clinical settings. Accommodations are not provided retroactively. Students are encouraged to register with Accessibility for Students at the start of their program. More information can be obtained by email UND.accessibilityforstudents@UND.edu or by phone at 701.777.2664.