Employer Career Expo Information
The Fall 2021 Career Expos will take place both in-person and virtually.
Connect with potential employees to discuss career and internship-related opportunities. Registration for the Fall 2021 Career Expos will open in Handshake on June 1, 2021. Due to our continued commitment to the health and safety of our students, staff, and employers, the UND Fall 2021 Career Expos will be offered with a hybrid-model.
Who can attend the career expo?
- UND undergraduate and graduate students in all fields of study
- UND alumni are invited and encouraged to attend the Career Expo
- Students of colleges/universities in North Dakota and Minnesota
Fall 2021 Career Expo Dates
To register, visit Handshake and login with your email address and password. If you have not registered in our system before, click where it states, “Sign up for an account.” Once in the system, click on "Fairs" on the left side of the screen and search for "University of North Dakota."
- $450 Normal Registration Rate through August 31, 2021
- $550 Late Registration Rate (if space is available) beginning September 1, 2021
- $350 Government / Nonprofit Rate
- $295 Normal Registration Rate through August 31, 2021
- $195 Government / Nonprofit Rate
- FREE registration for employers who also attend the in-person Expo on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (applicable for our Sept. 22 event only).
Please note: Credit card payments cannot be made until your registration has been approved by our office. You will receive the approval email from Handshake@notifications.joinhandshake.com. Please add this email address to your Safe Sender list.
September 21, 2021 (In-Person)
Registration fee includes:
- 10' x 10' convention booth space
- 8 foot table and 2 chairs
- Registration for up to 4 recruiters ($20 for each additional recruiter, up to a total of 6)
- Wireless internet access
- Lunch & refreshments
- Free parking
September 22 & October 6, 2021 (Virtual)
Registration fee includes:
- Unlimited number of recruiters
- Handshake-hosted video and audio
- 1:1 and group session scheduling capabilities
- Access to public student resumes in Handshake
Notification is appreciated as soon as possible so we may inform students. Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable per our cancellation policy. In the event that the Expo is canceled due to weather-related conditions (and the City of Grand Forks is shut down) companies will receive a refund of their fees, less a $50 administrative fee.
We promote our Career Expos to the best of our ability, utilizing social media, print media, emails, text messages, information sessions, and more. We do not guarantee any level of student attendance and participation, and we do not issue refunds based on student attendance or lack thereof.
Please contact our event coordinator:
In-Person Career Expo Logistics
A complete itinerary of important Career Expo information can be found via the link below.
Please be sure to CLEARLY label the name of your company on your shipping materials so that we can easily deliver your package(s) to your booth prior to the start of the Career Expo.
Send packages to:Attn: UND Career Expo c/o Campus Postal Services 2901 University Ave, Stop 9014 Grand Forks, ND 58202-9014
Prior to parking in the lot, please deliver your materials to the Alerus Center door #8. For your convenience, we will have staff available to transport your materials to your assigned booth. Please do not park in the unloading zone; you will be ticketed.
Free parking will be available to you in the Alerus Center parking lot. Please enter at door #8 and follow the UND Career Expo signs.
Virtual Career Expo Logistics & Troubleshooting
Beginning in June, we will email all participating employers instructions on how to set-up your schedules for the Virtual Career Expo.
Handshake has posted a great Virtual Fair Guide that details all of the features, and we highly encourage you to check it out.
How to Set Up Schedules
Before you can set up a schedule, you need to have an approved registration at a virtual fair. At this time, only the person that registered your company for the Expo is able to create new schedules. Handshake has created a great Instructional Guide and video for creating your 1:1 and group session schedules.
Important: each company representative that plans to participate in 1:1 and group sessions must have their own Handshake account (username and password). For information on how to add teammates, please view Handshake’s Help Center article.
If you do not set up any schedules, you will not be able to visit with students on the day of the Expo. The earlier your schedules are created, the more time students have to register for your sessions!
How to Claim a Schedule
Once a schedule has been created on your behalf by the fair registrant (Schedule Owner), you will be able to claim your schedule in Handshake, and students will then be able to sign up for sessions. Students will not be able to sign up for sessions until you claim your schedule!
How to Manage Your Schedule
Once your schedule has been created and claimed, you’ll be able to manage your individual schedule as needed. To navigate to your schedule, click on Fairs from the left menu column, then click on the fair that you have created a schedule for. Click on the Schedule tab from the fair overview page.
Please note, only a Schedule Owner can complete the following tasks:
- Add teammates
- Add group sessions
- Add teammates for 1:1 sessions
- Add or edit existing 1:1 session preferences
- Edit group session names or descriptions
Handshake uses Twilio Programmable Video. To verify that your technology is compatible with Twilio and Handshake, be sure to visit the Handshake Video Requirement & Troubleshooting website for an extensive checklist and conduct a network test. You will also be able to join your sessions one hour prior to their start time to test connectivity and performance.
Note: Students are able to join up to five minutes early to test their connection, so please know that if you are in a session early, students could appear early as well.
We recommend you test and verify that you have the following basic technology requirements:
- Reliable internet connection- preferably not a mobile connection
- Twilio supported browser- Chrome or Firefox is preferred- Safari may experience sound issues
- Grant your browser or app permission to access audio and video
On the day of the Career Expo, employers will be able to launch their sessions 60 minutes early to verify that all audio and video connections are working. To access your session video links:
- Navigate to the Career Expo in Handshake and click on the Schedules tab
- Within your schedule click the blue Launch Video button
- Within your launch screen you'll have the ability to enable and disable your microphone and video
- Click the three dots menu icon on this page to view your audio and video settings
- When you click Join Now, you'll be taken into the session. If your video is not enabled, a circle with your initials will appear instead
- If you'd like to share your screen, click the computer monitor icon, to the left of the microphone icon in the bottom middle of the screen. You can select from your entire screen, an application window only, or a specific browser tab
- Click the Chat and Participant icons in the upper-right of the video window to switch between which side panel displays
- When you are ready to end the session, click End Session in the lower-right corner of the video window. A confirmation will appear with a prompt to End session for all or Cancel. Note: sessions will automatically close 20 minutes after the scheduled end time to allow for ongoing conversation
If you require immediate assistance from Handshake on the day-of the event, submit a request ticket to the Handshake team, and under the Category field, be sure to select Day of Virtual Fair / Event / Interview Issue for a prompt response.
Positions and Interviews
Please submit interview requests and job postings through Handshake.
Questions? Please call 701.777.4103 before making your interview requests in Handshake. If you need additional information or have a special request, contact:
View a comprehensive list of UND's majors and programs below.
UND is committed to the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Our decisions will be informed by federal and state guidance as well as commonly accepted practices at other colleges and universities. To inquire about the possibility of holding an on-campus information session or classroom visit, please consult with Nancy Nelson, our Internship Coordinator/Employer Relations staff for assistance.
Information sessions can be held any time of the week, however Monday – Thursday, at 5:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. are the best times. You supply the date you want to host an event, and our office will work with the specific department/major to make arrangements to include a room within a specific college.
We will also make arrangements for a projector, screen, podium, speakers, etc., if you'd like to show a PowerPoint or web presentation. In addition, offering food such as pizza and cookies, entices students to attend. We can help with ideas if you want to go in that direction. The department will promote the event to the students in the majors you are interested in attracting.
Check out the Summary of Graduates by College.