Career Fairs – Employer Information
Connect with potential employees to discuss career and internship-related opportunities.
UND offers 225+ fields of study and graduates well over 3,000 students per year.
Fall 2019 Career & Internship Fairs
A friendly reminder about our on-campus policies:
- The University of North Dakota is a tobacco-free campus. The use of tobacco is prohibited within university buildings, parking structures, walkways, arenas and on any university-owned property.
- UND also prohibits alcohol as well as firearms. These policies apply to all staff, faculty, residents, students as well as visitors.
Register Via Handshake
To register, visit Handshake and login with your email address and password. If you have not registered in our system before, click where it states, “Sign up for an account.”
Once in the system, click on "Fairs" on the left side of the screen and search for "University of North Dakota."
- $450 Registration fee through Friday, August 30, 2019
- $550 Late fee beginning Saturday, August 31, 2019
Provided with Fee
- 10' x 10' Booth Space
- Skirted 8' Table and 2 Chairs
- Registration for up to 4 Recruiters
- Free Parking
- Wireless Internet Access
- Lunch and Refreshments
*Electricity will cost $30/booth
Please note: Credit card payments cannot be made until your registration has been approved by our office. You will receive the approval email from Handshake@notifications.joinhandshake.com. Please add this email address to your Safe Sender list.
Please be sure to CLEARLY label the name of your company on your shipping materials so that we can easily deliver your package(s) to your booth prior to the start of the Career Fair.
Send displays to (not our Career Services office):
Attn: UND Career Fair
c/o Campus Postal Services
2891 2nd Ave N MS 9014
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9014
Notification is appreciated as soon as possible so we may inform students. Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable per our cancellation policy.
Please contact our event coordinator, Jennifer Proulx at Jennifer.Proulx@UND.edu or 701.777.4390.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Students in Fall 2018
- 465 students attended the Engineering & Technology Fair
- 460 students attended the Business, Aviation & Liberal Arts Fair
- 140 students attended the Accounting Fair
Companies In Fall 2018
- 100 companies attended the Engineering & Technology Fair
- 60 companies attended the Business, Aviation & Liberal Arts Fair
- 32 companies attended the Accounting Fair
Info coming soon.
Free parking will be available to you in the Alerus Center parking lot. More information to come on this.
Each day, following the Fall Career and Internship Fairs, we will have interview space available at the Alerus Center. We are very excited to house everything in one space with the Alerus Center being connected to Canad Inns. Everything will be easily accessible for you!
Our new space in Twamley Hall does not have space for on-campus interviews for the weeks after the Career and Internship Fairs, so we highly suggest looking at interviewing on the following days to ensure room availability:
- Thursday, Sept. 19 (if you are attending the Accounting and Finance Day on Sept. 18)
- Wednesday, Sept. 25 (if you are attending the Engineering and Technology Day on Sept. 24)
- Thursday, Sept. 26 (if you are attending the Aviation, Business and Liberal Arts Day on Sept. 25)
In addition, we have spots available for interviews the evenings of September 24 and 25, after each Career and Internship fair. You could wrap up all of recruiting the same day, if that works for you.
Questions? Please feel free to call 701-777-4103 before making your interview day requests in Handshake.
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact Nancy Nelson, Employer Relations/Systems Coordinator.
You can request an information session through Handshake. These can be held any time of the week, however Monday – Thursday, at 5:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. are the best times. You supply the date you want to host an event, and our office will work with the specific department/major to make arrangements to include a room either at the Memorial Union or within a specific college.
We will also make arrangements for a projector, screen, podium, speakers, etc., if you'd like to show a PowerPoint or web presentation. In addition, offering food such as pizza and cookies, entices students to attend. We can help with ideas if you want to go in that direction. The department will promote the event to the students in the majors you are interested in attracting.
Contact our Internship Coordinator/Employer Relations staff for assistance.
This can be done through Handshake.
Check out the Summary of Graduates by College
- UND undergraduate and graduate students in all fields of study
- UND alumni are invited and encouraged to attend the Career Fair
- Students of colleges/universities in North Dakota and Minnesota