Dining Centers Video Overview
What To Expect
- UND Dining Services is committed to food safety and the safety of guests that dine on campus.
- The University’s stance on safeguarding the campus community may be different than the state of North Dakota and even the local community. The University has numerous unique aspects that are not present in many other places, such as high-density learning, living, and working environment with continuous interactions.
- Dining Services and UND Administrators are taking a cautious approach to reopen so we can keep everyone safe and healthy and stay open. The following expectations have been established to operate as safely as possible.
Plan Your Meal with Online Menus
- All guests are encouraged to review the Online Menus before entering the dining center.
- Planning ahead will speed up the service process so we are able to serve guests that may be waiting.
Protect the Flock, Wear a Face Covering
- To support the health and safety of the campus community, UND has determined that face coverings will be required while on campus, including dining centers and retail stores.
The policy states that face coverings are required unless eating or drinking. Guests are encouraged to only remove their face covering when they can maintain an appropriate physical distance of 6 feet apart.
Be Wise, Sanitize Upon Entry
- Guests are asked to sanitize their hands after scanning into the dining locations.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance of each dining location.
To-Go: Limited to 1 Hot & 1 Cold Container, 1 Soup or Cereal Cup, & 1 Drink
- Although dining rooms will be open, they will have limited occupancy to adhere to university physical distancing guidelines.
- Take out will remain an option for guests utilizing the dining centers.
- 1 hot container, 1 cold container, 1 soup or cereal cup, and 1 drink is permitted per visit if a student would like to take their meal to go.
Four People Per Table
- As of February 1, 2021, four people may sit together at one table in the dining room.
- Additional disinfectant will be placed around dining rooms to allow guests to sanitize tables before being seated.
- Tables will still have a 6-foot physical distance between each table.
- The State of North Dakota has limited the number of occupants allowed in the space at one time, therefore there still may not be seating available at all times.
Wipe it Down: Disinfect High Touch Surfaces
- In accordance with the Grand Forks Health Department, all guests will be expected to use a disinfectant to clean frequently touched points. This includes beverage dispensers, toaster, and waffle iron before and after each use.
- Disinfectants will be provided by each frequently touched surfaces along with signage reminding guests of the policy.
Place Container on Tray for Food from Another Location
- Self-serve options will be discontinued in the dining centers. Dining Services employees will prepare and serve food to all guests.
- If guests would like to continue to fill their food container from more than one food concept, they are asked to place their container on a tray and open it for the server when arriving at a new location to help eliminate touchpoints.
Plexiglass Barriers Installed
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed for the safety of all guests and the Dining Services employees.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be made available throughout the service area.
Limited Capacity, Mind Your Time
- With limited capacity, please be mindful of the amount of time spending in the dining center during busy meal periods.
Rest Up, Stay Home if You're Sick
- If you're not feeling well, please do not enter the dining center, and be sure to contact your health care provider.
- We will be offering take out options that others can pick up for you in the event that you're feeling ill.
Touchless Meal Plan Management
- We have launched the GET Mobile App for Dining that will generate a unique barcode that will allow guests to scan into the dining center and use dining dollars at retail locations.
Squires Dining Updates
- Squires Food Court will be transformed back to Squires Dining Center.
Keeping Your Catering Events Safe
- University Catering offers a variety of packaged options for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and breaks. These packaged options are a safer way to serve your guests. These packaged items include Bistro Boxes, Boxed and Bagged Gourmet Sandwiches, Salads, and Breakfasts.
- University Catering will assist with making your meetings and events special, memorable and safe.
- Order University Catering on Grubhub - beautiful in simplicity!
Yes, guests participating in meal plans still have the opportunity to visit the dining centers as often as they desire.
At the dining centers, Guests will have the same food options that are being served for dine-in.
All guests are encouraged to check out the online menus before visiting a location to determine the best meal option.
Guests will be provided with 2 disposable clamshells, a soup/cereal bowl, and a beverage container each time they visit a dining center.
In the past, this has provided most guests with adequate space and volume to take the food they want.
UND COVID-19 Updates
Follow the UND COVID-19 page for all UND campus announcements.