Healthy Hawks Restart
Dining Centers Video Overview
What To Expect
- UND Dining Services is committed to food safety and the safety of guests that dine on campus.
- The University’s stance on safeguarding the campus community is different than the state of North Dakota and even the local community, as explained in the Coronavirus Blog. The University has numerous unique aspects that are not present in many other places, such as high-density learning, living, and working environment with continuous interactions.
- Dining Services and UND Administrators are taking a cautious approach to reopen so we can keep everyone safe and healthy and stay open. The following expectations have been established to operate as safely as possible.
Plan Your Meal with Online Menus
- All guests are encouraged to review the Online Menus before entering the dining center.
- Planning ahead will speed up the service process so we are able to serve guests that may be waiting.
Touchless Meal Plan Management
- We have launched the GET Mobile App for Dining that will generate a unique barcode that will allow guests to scan into the dining center and use dining dollars at retail locations.
Face Coverings Required
- To support the health and safety of the campus community, UND has determined that face coverings will be required while on campus, including dining centers and retail stores.
The policy states that face coverings are required unless eating or drinking. Guests are encouraged to only remove their mask when they can maintain an appropriate physical distance of 6 feet apart.
Sanitize Hands After Scanning In
- Guests are asked to sanitize hands after scanning into the dining locations.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance of each dining location.
One Person Per Table
- University standards only permit one person per table or booth.
Primarily Take Out
- Although dining rooms will be open, they will have limited occupancy to adhere to university physical distancing guidelines.
- Take out will be the primary option for guests utilizing the dining centers.
- When only take out is available, guests will receive one beverage cup upon arrival to the dining center.
Plexiglass Barriers Installed
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed for the safety of all guests and the Dining Services employees.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be made available throughout the service area.
No Contact Food Transfers
- Self-serve options will be discontinued in the dining centers. Dining Services employees will prepare and serve food to all guests.
- Trays will be used to transfer food containers or plates from staff to guests.
- Guests are asked to touch only their food container or plate to help eliminate additional touchpoints.
Disinfect Drink Dispenser and Toasters
- In accordance with the Grand Forks Health Department, all guests will be expected to use a disinfectant to clean frequently touched points on the beverage dispensers and toaster before and after dispensing a beverage.
- Disinfectants will be provided by each frequently touched surfaces along with signage reminding guests of the policy.
Limited Capacity, Mind Your Time
- University guidelines restrict occupancy of the dining centers, so a limited number of individuals will be allowed in at a time.
- Please be mindful of the amount of time you spend in the dining center to allow others to enter and access food.
Stay Home If Feeling Ill
- If you're not feeling well, please do not enter the dining center.
- We will be offering take out options that others can pick up for you in the event that you're feeling ill.
Squires Dining Updates
- Squires Food Court will be transformed back to Squires Dining Center.
Keeping Your Catering Events Safe
- University Catering offers a variety of packaged options for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and breaks. These packaged options are a safer way to serve your guests. These packaged items includ Bistro Boxes, Boxed and Bagged Gourmet Sandwiches, Salads, and Breakfasts.
- University Catering will assist with making your meetings and events special, memorable and safe.
- Order University Catering on Grubhub - beautiful in simplicity!
Mobile Ordering with GrubHub
- Experience the new way to order your favorite drinks and foods with GrubHub for UND Dining Services! This will allow guests to order food and drinks from our retail locations ahead of time all while paying with dining dollars.
- Guests are able to order Starbucks drinks, sandwiches, and more utilizing the app.
Fighting Hawks Fuel
- We have launched NEW to-go meal options to help accommodate additional take out needs.
- Fighting Hawks Fuel will offer a wide variety of meals and food options for guests. This includes microwaveable meals, sandwiches, and more!
Yes, guests participating in meal plans still have the opportunity to visit the dining centers as often as they desire.
At the dining centers, Guests will have the same food options that are being served for dine-in.
All guests are encouraged to check out the online menus before visiting a location to determine the best meal option.
Guests will be provided with 2 disposable clamshells, a soup/cereal bowl, and a beverage container each time they visit a dining center.
In the past, this has provided most guests with adequate space and volume to take the food they want.
The University’s stance on safeguarding the campus community is different than the state of North Dakota and even the local community.
The University has numerous unique aspects that are not present in many other places. Starting in August, UND will welcome thousands of students from nearly every state and dozens of foreign countries to Campus. Most campus activities will take place in a compact area.
UND COVID-19 Updates
Follow the UND COVID-19 page for all UND campus announcements.