Engineering Living & Learning Community
Live and learn with other students that share your academic interests.
Students with an academic major in the College of Engineering & Mines (CEM) have an option to live and learn together in Walsh Hall.
This a great opportunity to live with other students who share your passion for studies in the College of Engineering and Mines. You will have the chance to focus on academic achievement in a productive and supportive setting, as well as, combine the scholarly and social aspects of student life.
Enjoy activities including tutoring, advising, and lunch/dinner with various department faculty and staff. The Resident Assistant (RA) on this floor is also an engineering student.
Requirements for Incoming CEM Students
- Must live in Walsh Hall. When you apply for residence hall housing, select Walsh Hall as your first choice and indicate your interest in the CEM Living & Learning Community
- Must have a major in the College of Engineering & Mines.
CEM Community Activities
- Tutoring takes place every Tuesday and Thursday on the floor.
- Join a faculty member for dinner at the Dining Center.
- Residents in this community have a dedicated computer workstation right on their wing with the state-of-the-art programs needed for engineering students.
- The RA plans programming around engineering activities, as well as campus activities to make sure students meet friends and become active community citizens
UND’s Engineering Living & Learning Community participate in the annual Egg Drop, designed to promote fun and teamwork.
How Do I Sign Up?
To enroll in this Living & Learning Communities indicate the community on your residence hall application.
If you have questions, please call:
Student Academic Success & Career Engagement