Education Living & Learning Community
If you're interested in education, you can expand your knowledge and skills while having special opportunities to network with alumni, professors and fellow students in the Education Living & Learning Community (LLC).
Who can live here?
Declared majors in the College of Education & Human Development are eligible to apply for living in the Education LLC.
Where would I live?
You'll live in Squires Hall with other Education & Human Development students.
How do I apply?
Indicate your preference to live in the Education LLC when you complete your Housing Application. Assignments for Living & Learning Communities will be completed in conjunction with all housing assignments.
What are the benefits of living in the Education LLC?
This unique living arrangement gives you a ready network of friends sharing your interests and career goals, creating a close-knit community within your College, making it easier for you to get involved in student organizations and campus events. You'll also have learning experiences as early as your first semester on campus designed to assist your professional development while at UND and beyond.
Faculty and Alumni Connections
Programming coordinated by the Education LLC will engage members in out-of-class experiences that will complement your curriculum and better prepare you for a career in education.
- Develop lasting relationships and get to know education students and faculty
- Participate in service-learning opportunities in the Grand Forks community and in the Grand Forks schools, working with youth and families
- Have fun during social activities planned several times a semester
- Engage with various student organizations related to education
- Meet with recent graduates who are teaching in Grand Forks to hear their experiences and advice about preparing to become a teacher
Activities, Events and Programs
- Build connections with your fellow education students that extend beyond the classroom by getting involved with Education LLC programming and social activities
You'll have a Resident Assistant, who is an education major, able to share insights and direct you to campus resources including:
- Group Advising
- Common course enrollment - Sign up for and take classes together with your Education LLC classmates
Education LLC Advisors
- Donna K. Pearson, 701.777.2861, donna.pearson@UND.edu
- Student Success Center, 701.777.2717, UND.ssc@UND.edu