Emerging Leaders Living & Learning Community
Live and learn with students who are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Emerging Leaders Living-Learning Community (LLC) is a welcoming community for students who are:
- Interested in diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Looking to expand their leadership journey
- Interested in social work, humanities, counseling, psychology, sociology, etc.
Living in this community means you will be surrounded by students who are passionate about diversity, equity, social justice, and inclusion. Students in this community work closely with staff from Student Diversity & Inclusion on their leadership journey.
- Leadership skill development
- Opportunities for community service
- Involvement with cross-cultural events
- Meet with diverse leaders in the Greater Grand Forks community
- Access to resources and support from Student Diversity & Inclusion Staff
Events and Activities
- Participate in Strengths Quest workshops
- Attend LGBTQIA Ally Training
- Volunteer at the Big Event
- Attend cultural and identity events, Feast of Nations, Clothesline Project & Take Back the Night, and more.
The Emerging Leaders LLC is located in Walsh Hall for the 2021-2022 academic year.
How to Apply
Students should indicate this LLC on their residence hall application. If you have already applied or renewed your housing and would like to change your hall preference to Walsh Hall please email the Housing Office at housing@UND.edu with your request.
In addition to traditional room assignment process, the Emerging Leaders LLC will offer the option of a gender inclusive housing assignments, providing the option for students to live with the roommate with whom they are most comfortable without consideration to the individual’s gender or gender expression. Students will only be assigned to gender inclusive assignments at their request. Gender inclusive room assignment requests must be mutual. This community will be open to both new and returning students of all majors.