Wellness Living & Learning Community
Located in Bek Hall, the Wellness Living and Learning Community is an opportunity for students who are interested in incorporating the seven dimensions of wellness into their college experience to define a balanced lifestyle.
- Differentiated wing environment
- Leadership opportunities
- Active partnership between campus organizations including the Wellness Center, Health and Wellness Hub, and other campus partners.
- Group activities promoting wellness
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Live in Bek Hall
On Oct. 17, 2019 the Wellness LLC in conjunction with Patrick Marcoe from UND Wellness Programs led a group of 14 students on a guided trip of Lake Bronson State Park, Minnesota.
The diverse group included international students from China, students from North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota, and professional staff hailing from Wisconsin and Maine.
The students spent the day exploring the park’s trails, navigating the waterways in kayaks and canoes, spotting wildlife like whitetail deer and bald eagles, hiking out to abandoned sheep ranches and ended the afternoon with a tutorial on fire building. Dinner included roasting their own hotdogs over an open fire, and some of the students experienced the American tradition of s’mores for the first time.
- 2 hikes, including an Interpretive Trail and 3 miles of wilderness hikes to an abandoned sheep ranch.
- Picnic lunch outside including make your own sandwich
- Fire building tutorial with Patrick Marcoe
- Canoeing and kayaking around Lake Bronson
- Wildlife spotting, including ducks, bald eagles, deer, wild turkey
- Staff and resident bonding
- Cooking dinner over an open fire including hot dogs, s’mores
- Gathering and burning of sage over a fire