One of the first residence halls built, Bek Hall features Gothic-arched entrances and stone surrounds on its windows.
Bek also has a patio overlooking "the Bekyard" quad, a contributing feature to the historical setup across the university campus. The quad also has a volleyball court.
Room sizes vary in Bek, but commonly are 11'5'' x 18' feet. Rooms are carpeted, have a built-in closet with moveable drawers, and desk with lockable drawers. Bathrooms are set in community cluster environments.
- Wireless and hard-wired internet access in all rooms
- Carpeted student rooms
- Built-in wardrobe/closet
- 36" x 28", 1 cupboard above, 5 drawers (1 inside cupboard): top - 2" tall, middle: 5"x12" - bottom - 8" tall X 12" wide, bottom right - 24" wide
- Free-standing desk with lockable drawers
- Loftable oak bed frame is adjustable to various levels. Beds may also be bunked. Mattress size is 36" x 80" (extra-long twin). See bed frame photos. Railing and ladder are available in the hall office
- Kitchenette on each floor
- Laundry room available on lower level at no additional charge
- TV lounge, pool table and ping pong table
- Tunnel access to Squires Dining Center
- 24 hour visitation with escorts needed for guests at all times
- Additional residence hall services
Living Learning Communities
Residence hall bathrooms follow a cleaning schedule and are cleaned on an ongoing basis by UND's Building Service Technicians (BSTs). If you live in a hall that has a suite or private bathroom arrangement, you can expect to have the bathroom cleaned approximately once a week.
<Room Number> Bek Hall
Grand Forks, ND 58202