Info for Parents and Guardians
- We suggest you work as partners with your student, but let the student begin to take responsibility and be the primary contact for issues that may arise.
- Deadlines are important for housing and academics. Check websites and encourage your student to stay organized.
- Ask your student how they are getting involved in activities. Valuable “out of class” learning opportunities can be found all over UND and they allow your student to meet peers as well as make connections with faculty, staff, and administrators.
Guardian Email Request
Guardians of students living in the residence halls may sign up to receive a parent version of the periodic newsletter that is sent. Please note that you will only receive a copy of the periodic newsletter, no other communication that is sent to your student will be sent to you.
Show Your Support From Afar
Order care packages and welcome kits for your student to feel right at home. Choose from a wide variety of options that are delivered throughout the year to students. You can include a personalized message to send your student words of encouragement, or show them support during a challenging time of the semester.
Surprise Your Student With A Birthday Cake
Dining Services will make your student’s birthday a day to remember with an individual size birthday cake and short personalized message. Parents, family members, or friends may order a cake for any student on a meal plan (one cake per student).
- Please order at least one week in advance with the birthday cake order form. The cake will be available for pick up at the student’s dining center.
- While we understand you may want this cake to be a surprise, Dining Services staff would appreciate you telling your student that they can expect a cake at their dining center.