Residence Hall Application
Feel right at home. When neighbors become friends, the memories you'll make are just the beginning.
Students must be admitted to UND before applying to live in a residence hall.
Before You Apply for Residence Halls
- Claim your NDUS User ID account.
- Read the Residence Hall Agreement – We want you to understand the commitment you are making.
- Know your top three housing choices – Explore the residence halls, apartments (if you qualify) and Living & Learning Communities (LLC). You will be asked to share your LLC preferences.
- Review Exemption Criteria. If you meet the criteria, submit the form.
Apply to Live in a Residence Hall
- Log into your Housing Self Service.
- At the top of the Housing Self-Service page, select Application and Forms. In the
drop down menu select the
correct application for the academic term you are applying. Example: Residence Hall Application (Spring 2020)
- You will be required to pay the $60 non-refundable application fee by E-check or credit card and electronically sign the Residence Hall Room and Meal Plan Agreement.
Accommodation & Special Requests
UND provides reasonable accommodation to students with disabilities to improve access to housing on campus. Learn more about accommodations and special requests.
New Student Room Selection
October 1: 2021-2022 Application Opens in Housing Self-Service
February 1: 2021-2022 Residence Hall and Meal Plan Agreement Available
May 1: Priority Deadline for Inclusion in First Round of Room Selection Process
Returning Student Room Sign Up
Jan. 11: Returning Student Room Sign Up Agreement opens
Jan. 11 - Jan. 25: Same Room Selection Process
Jan. 25: Priority Deadline for First Round Room Selection
Feb. 1 - Feb. 10: First Round Returning Student Open Room Selection
Students are offered the chance to self select a roommate. This could be someone that is already known or could be someone found using the available roommate search option. Students do not have to select a roommate to make a room selection.
Under 18 Years of Age
Students under 18 years of age must have authorization from a parent or legal guardian in order to accept the agreement online. If you are under 18 please complete the online agreement. You will be asked to provide the email address for your parent or legal guardian in the online agreement.
Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) will be contacted via email to provide the authorization necessary for you to accept the agreement. As a student under 18 you will not be eligible for a room assignment until parent or legal guardian authorization is verified.
Please contact the Housing Office with any questions.