Notify Housing and Dining of your End of Fall Semester plans by December 4, 2020.
All students must complete the End of Fall Semester Housing and Dining Plans form located under Applications and Forms in Housing Self Service by December 4, 2020, at 6 pm, to notify Housing and Dining of their end of semester plans and potentially be eligible for the Dining refunded credit.
Staying Over Break
Residence Halls will remain open and current residence hall students can reside in their rooms for Thanksgiving Break at no additional cost. Dining Services will continue operations over the break and will be open during specified times to serve students. Students who are planning to eat at the dining center for the Traditional Thanksgiving Day Meal are being asked to reserve their meal via the Grubhub mobile app by Monday, November 23, 2020.
Leaving Over Break
If you plan to leave, please be sure to complete all of the leaving for break tasks before you leave.
Staying Over Break
The fall semester ends on Friday, December 18, 2020. Students who are wishing to stay in the Residence Halls between December 19, 2020 and January 10, 2021 must notify housing of their need to stay when they complete the End of Fall Semester Semester Plans form.
This will help the Housing Office to know who is here over the break in case of any emergencies. Your door access will only be active for the dates you indicated on the form, if you need to make changes please contact the Housing Office.
Current residents continuing into the spring semester will continue to have access to housing and dining at no additional charge. Information on dining center semester break hours can be found at the Dining Center website.
Not Planning to Stay Over Break
Students not registered for break housing may stay in their residence hall up to 24 hours after their last final and no later than Noon, Saturday, December 19, 2020.
Before leaving for the semester:
- Students will receive a door hanger with a list of simple tasks to complete before leaving for the semester. Please be sure to complete all of the leaving for break tasks.
- The RA staff will be entering rooms to complete safety checks between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday, December 18, 2020.
Approved Housing Cancellations
Students who have applied and been approved for a housing cancellation should follow the move-out steps to officially check out of their residence hall.
Current residents who will be leaving campus housing permanently after the fall semester can request an extension once the Residence Hall Cancellation Request has been submitted and approved. Extension requests past December 20, 2020 are subject to approval by the Housing Office and will be charged the following daily rates:
$41.40/day for room and meals
All charges will be reflected on your student account in Campus Connection 3-5 business days after final checkout.
- Indicate the date you plan to leave campus for break in Housing Self Service.
- Unplug everything in the room (exceptions: fish tanks, fridges, and computers)
- Leave blinds open about a foot
- Verify window is completely closed and locked. As a reminder, window displays and clings are not permitted.
- Remove garbage from your room and dump your trash in the garbage room or dumpster.
- Leave the heat between 68 and 70 degrees (if you have a thermostat in your room).
- Remove all items from suite and bathroom areas. They will be cleaned over winter break.
- Indicate you have left campus using Express Check Out in Housing Self Service.