Residence Hall Move In
As part of the Healthy Hawks Restart, Housing has adapted our move-in process to implement different options for students who are arriving home at UND.
Move Into Residence Halls
Early Drop Off Move-In
- Sign up for early drop-off starting July 15.
- Skip the lines and help reduce congestion on opening weekend.
- Available August 10 until August 19
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: noon - 6 p.m.
- Two-hour time slot to drop off your items in your room.
- Return your key back to the housing office the same day to avoid incurring any charges.
- See Early Drop-Off Steps for more information.
Welcome Weekend Move-In
- Sign up for your two-hour Welcome Weekend Move-In time slot starting July 15.
- We're adding new protocols to our traditional process to help reduce traffic and support UND's Healthy Hawks Restart.
- Saturday, August 22 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, August 23, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- See Move-In Steps for more information.
Unable to Arrive by August 24
If you will be unable to arrive by the first day of classes on August 24, please notify the Housing Office by emailing housing@UND.edu when you intend to check-in.
Failure to claim your room assignment does not automatically cancel your agreement.
- Reserved for students affiliated with a University-sponsored activity that is required to live on campus before August 22, 2020.
- As a general rule, students are not allowed to live in the residence halls before the official opening dates in the fall unless the student is affiliated with a University-sponsored activity.
- Requests for an early arrival and check-in will be coordinated through the appropriate University sponsor.
- Learn more about early arrival.
What do I bring for my room?
Please review our packing guidelines on what you should and should not bring for your room. Please note that University Place and Carleton Court have very similar packing guidelines, but a few differences that are noted on the page.
Before Arriving To Campus
We recommend that all students review what they should do before move-in day so they are prepared to come to campus.
Early Drop-Off Steps
See Early Drop-Off Steps for what to expect and information about the process.
Welcome Weekend Move-In Day Steps
The Move-In Day Steps go through what you should expect for the big day, including where to go, and what to do when you arrive to campus.
Information for Parents, Guardians, and Families
We have compiled information for parents, guardians, and families that includes some tips, and ways that you can show support to your student from afar.
Yes, face coverings are required.
UND Announced that face coverings are required for all students, staff, faculty, affiliates, and campus visitors when interacting with others on the UND campus, including situations where other protective measures (e.g., physical distancing, plexiglass shields) are in place.
Yes, students will be provided face coverings. They will be available on Monday, August 24, 2020. More information will be made available through UND notifications.
You may bring up to two helpers for assistance taking stuff to your room and unpacking. There should be no more than three people in your group, including yourself.
Students who choose to drop off things early can officially check-in on Welcome Weekend. Check-in for those students will be available during the following times:
- Sat, Aug. 22: Noon - 1 p.m., 5 - 6 p.m.
- Sun, Aug. 23: 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
You may unpack right away or unpack when you return to campus.
Unfortunately, volunteers, carts and dollies won't be available to help with the early drop-off process.
Yes. There will be two sets of beds, dressers/closets/wardrobes, desks, and desk chairs.
Yes, all the furniture that is provided by the university must stay in the room.