Roommate Matching Process
Already know who you want to live with in your residence hall? Or want to request a roommate with similar interests? The roommate request process is easy.
Step 1 - Complete Your Residence Hall Application
Confirm you want to live with us by agreeing to the Room & Meal Plan Agreement and paying the $60 application fee. Only students who have completed these steps will be eligible for roommate matching.
Step 2 - Go to Housing Self-Service
- Go to Housing Self Service
- At the top of Housing Self-Service select “Room and Roommate Selection” drop down.
- Select “Roommates/Suitemates”.
- Select the Academic Term for which you are applying and click Submit.
Step 3 - Select Your Roommate
If you know the name of the person you want to request:
- Enter their name in the Simple Roommate Search.
- Select the specific person if there is more than one. This will generate an email to that person.
- Request is not final until the other person mutually requests/accepts.
If you want to search for a roommate:
- Complete your Student Profile
- Select “Personal Information” at top of Self-Service
- Select “Roommate Profile”
- Select No if you want others to see your profile
- Select how you wanted to be contacted and update your specific contact information.
- Type in a profile for yourself. This is what other students will see as they search for possible roommate.
- Search for a roommate using the Advanced Roommate Search.
- Pick the attributes that are important for you to match. If you do not see enough potential roommates, try fewer attributes.
- Read through your matches and contact potential matches through their selected form of communication (i.e., Facebook, text) to see if you might be compatible roommates.
- You can match up to 3 people (if you want to request suitemates).
- Once you find a match, enter their name in the Simple Roommate Search to request.
Step 4 - Accept the Roommate Request
Roommate requests MUST be mutual and all students MUST accept the request.
Step 5 - Room Self-Selection
The next step will be room selection. Since you have matched as a roommate group, one person will be able to select a room for everyone in the roommate group. Our process is designed to help roommate groups find a shared space, however, finding a space for your roommate group is not guaranteed. Due to limited space, individuals may have to sign up for a room space with a person other than who they have matched with.