Telemedicine Virtual Visits
Student Health telemedicine, or virtual visits, are now being offered when applicable.
Student Health is taking every precaution to keep our patients and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reasons To Schedule a Telemedicine Appointment
- Follow-ups and re-checks
- Medication check-ins, refills, dosage changes
- Lab test results
- Anxiety and depression
- Contraception counseling
- Acne and other skin disorders
Call us today to determine if a telemedicine visit is right for you at 701.777.4500.
You will be charged for the telemedicine appointment. Charges will be submitted to your insurance company; check with your insurance coverage for extended coverage to include telemedicine visits.
Accessing Your Telemedicine Appointment
- After you have scheduled your appointment, check your UND email account for a message with the subject: UND Student Health Appointment. (Be sure to check your junk folder.)
- Log into the Patient Portal and view your secure message. This secure message contains your visit instructions
and Zoom meeting link.
- To find your messages, click the Messages tab at the top of the portal and open the message that is labeled with the appointment visit date.
- In the Patient Portal, view and complete the required appointment forms.
- To find your forms, on the homepage, scroll down to the Upcoming Appointments section and click the green forms button.
- Lastly, in the Patient Portal, check in for your appointment 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- The blue check in button is found in the Upcoming Appointments section.
What do I need prior to my appointment?
- Make sure you have a camera and microphone capabilities on the device (i.e. phone, tablet, computer) you are using. If you do not have either of these capabilities, the appointment cannot be done via telemedicine.
- Ensure that you have a quiet, private space during your appointment time.
- Upload your health insurance information onto the Patient Portal through the "Upload" tab.
How does Student Health Services protect your privacy during a telemedicine appointment?
- You will sign an informed telemedicine consent prior to your appointment.
- Your identity is confirmed prior to the start of the appointment.
- Providers will use a private office space during the appointment to ensure confidentiality & privacy.
- You are responsible for ensuring a quiet, private space is utilized from your location.
- Telemedicine appointments are documented in your electronic health record (EHR).
- Recordings of telemedicine appointments are not allowed.
- Providers will follow the same standard of care as an in-person visit.
- Providers will offer clear guidance for next steps of care should it be deemed necessary that additional evaluation in person is needed for optimal health outcomes.