1000 LBS Club Challenge
Join the club and join us this October for a weightlifting challenge that will test your limits!
The Wellness Center is offering a weightlifting program challenge that gives members an opportunity to challenge themselves in a fun way alongside their peers and test their limits by participating in the 1000lb lifting challenge. There are four different categories to make this program inclusive to a variety of fitness levels!
- Program registration is open now through October 31, 2023.
- Program will take place throughout the whole month of October. (October 1-31)
- Program cost is $15 per participant (includes a t-shirt if the challenge is successfully completed.)
- Participants must register and pay online using the register link provided blow. Cards only. No cash.
Only 25 participants can enter into each weight category, and a total of 100 participants for the entire challenge.
- 250 LBS
- 500 LBS
- 750 LBS
- 1000 LBS
- Bench Press
- When the challenge is completed, participants will receive a t-shirt with the weight category completed. (250lb, 500lb, 750lb, or 1000lb)
- T-shirts sizes will be on a first come first serve basis. (Small- 2XL)
- You will only receive a t-shirt if the weight category you signed up for is successfully completed
- Participants attempts will only be counted between October 1 - October 31.
- Members will sign up for the category that best challenges them and their abilities.
- Participants can only attempt the challenge lifts 10 times within the month of October.
- Participants must wait one day in between attempts to prevent over training and risk of injury.
- Participants will check in with the Fitness Associate working the desk and they will observe if the participant completes the attempt.
- The Fitness Associate will record the date and weight used if the attempt is completed.
- Participants can use a weight belt, lifting straps, and safety bars.
- Squat lift attempts must be used on squat rack.
- Shoes must be worn while participating in the challenge.
- Chalk use is not allowed during this challenge.
- Spotter must be present, but if they provide assistance, the attempt will not count and participant will need to attempt again.