For more information about membership eligibility at the UND Wellness Center, please visit the Membership Rates page.
The use of the UND Wellness Center is a privilege, and individuals not cooperating with established policies may be asked to leave or may have their privileges revoked.
NOTE: A waiver of liability must be signed annually by all users of the facility in order to use the UND Wellness Center.
Length of Membership
The UND Wellness Center offers a variety of membership lengths. These different lengths allow our members to choose the one that best fits their needs.
Annual memberships may be purchased anytime and are active for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase.
Semester memberships are available during each academic semester (fall, spring, and summer) and are only available for purchase during the first two weeks of each semester. For exact dates of each semester, please visit the wellness center.
Month memberships may be purchased anytime and are active for one (1) month from the date of purchase.
Day passes are active until close on the date of purchase.
The UND Wellness Center offers its members the ability to participate in our Sponsorship Program, which allows current members to sponsor up to two individuals who otherwise would not be eligible to purchase a Wellness Center membership.
- Members are allowed to sponsor up to two people for a membership.
- Sponsoring member must be present at the time of membership purchase and renewal.
- Sponsoring member must also have an active membership to the Wellness Center at the time of purchase.
- Day-Long Guest Passes: Day passes are also available to individuals, who want to use the Wellness Center.
The sponsor must be present at the time of sale.
- Guest Passes are $5 per day.
- Maximum of two guests per member.
The Wellness Center Guest Waiver must be signed by both individuals (sponsored and sponsoring) each time a pass or membership is purchased, indicating that the sponsoring member is responsible for all actions of those they sponsor while in the facility. For this reason, the Wellness Center recommends that members sponsor only individuals with whom they have an ongoing relationship.
Note: Sponsored members are unable to bring in additional guests or sponsor other members. Sponsored members are not eligible to participate in Intramural activities.
Memberships may be purchased at the Wellness Center welcome desk during normal business hours and can be paid for using cash, check, or credit card. The Wellness Center accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Members who are salaried and benefited employees of the University of North Dakota may sign up for payroll deduction. Payroll deduction allows for your membership fee to be taken directly from your paycheck each pay period. To sign up for payroll deduction, a payroll deduction authorization form can be picked up at the Wellness Center. A minimum 3 month membership is required for payroll deduction.
- All salaried, benefited employees of the University of North Dakota are eligible for payroll deduction. Hourly employees are not eligible for payroll deduction.
- A deduction will be made each pay period in accordance to the applied membership fee.
- Memberships will be paid through the Payroll Office at the University of North Dakota.
- Faculty/Staff do have the option to pay for a sponsored member through payroll deduction if they choose to.
All memberships are non-refundable unless you are separating from the university or have a documented medical excuse for why you are not able to use the facility. To initiate a membership refund, a refund request form must be completed at the Welcome Desk.
All members using payroll deduction must adhere to the following policies regarding cancellation:
- Payroll deduction cancellation requests must be made 30 days in advance in order to have time for processing.
- To initiate cancellation of your payroll deduction membership, please send an email to Analee Hokkala, Coordinator of Guest Services at analee.hokkala@UND.edu.
- If your employment with the University of North Dakota ends, you are no longer eligible for payroll deduction.