AORE Outdoor Challenge
Discover your passion for outdoor adventure!
Hey, we get it. We love Netflix too. But the amount of time we spend inside is becoming a national health crisis. By participating in AORE Campus Challenge, you're part of the solution. So tell all your friends to get outside!
The University of North Dakota is competing against 97 other schools across the country to see what campus is the most active outside. Enjoy the outdoors, log your activities, win FREE prizes, and help UND win the title of National Outdoor Champion!
How to Register
- Download the AORE Campus Challenge app by searching AORE CC in your preferred app store.
- Create an account using your UND email.
- Choose University of North Dakota as your school.
- Log your outdoor activities between September 16 - October 13 to earn points to be eligible to win prizes!
Up to five general activities can be logged per day, and the points earned by each activity vary on the difficult of the actual activity.
10 Point Activities
- Races (adventure / 5K / track)
- Cycling / Mountain Biking
- Climbing (indoors / outdoors)
- Fishing / Hunting
- Hiking / Backpacking
- Paddle Sports (kayak, Stand-Up Paddleboard, canoe)
- Outdoor Service Projects
- Disc Golf
- Water activities
5 Point Activities
- Outdoor clinics / training
- Skateboarding / longboarding
- Yoga (outdoors)
- Outdoor Work
2 Point Activities
- Arts / crafts / building
- Photo fails
Bonus Point Activities
- Group activities (+5)
- Overnight activities (+5)
- School organized activities (+5)
- 1st, 10th, 25th, 50th activities logged
Greater Good Bonus Points
- Positive Environmental Impacts (+5)
- Health / Wellness (+2)
- Exploring the Outdoors Anywhere (+5)
- Developing Skills / Personal Growth (+5)
Weekly "Greater Good" Challenges
The Greater Good themes are geared to engage in outdoor activities AND steer you into making decisions for the greater good. We want you to go for a hike AND pick up trash on the trails; we want you to climb the Rock Wall AND push yourself to new heights; we want you to find the benefits of walking outdoors instead of driving your car.
Each week, one of the AORE Campus Challenge sponsors will hook you up with a chance to earn points, prizes, and fresh gear! Products sponsored by Osprey, Columbia, Cotopaxi, and Big Agnes.
Positive Environmental Impacts - Activating your Activism.
Trail maintenance, trash pick-up, research, planting trees, water appreciation.
Health / Wellness - The outdoors-a-day keeps the doctor away.
Running, outdoor yoga, hammocking, stress reduction, fitness challenge.
Explore the Outdoors Anywhere - No matter where you go, the outdoors is where you are.
Hiking, biking, canoeing, rock climbing, packpacking, camping, paddle boarding, group outings.
Developing Skills / Personal Growth - An old dog can learn new tricks.
Training for a competition, attending a training class, challenging yourself beyond your current comforts.
How to Earn Points
Eligible for point consideration.
- Activities must take place between September 16 - October 13, 2019.
- Activites must have lasted longer than 30 minutes.
- The submitted outdoor activities should be on you engaging in the outdoors with the outdoor element being the focus.
- The photo uploaded must show you/your group participating in the activity.
Not Valid Entries
Not eligible for point consideration.
- Traditional team sports such as soccer, football, and basketball do not count as eligible activites.
- Landscape pictures (i.e., no one IN the picture).
Outdoor Challenge Events
Wellness & Health Promotion is hosting several events to help you earn points with us! Join us during the events below to earn your regular points AND receive bonus points for Group Activities (+5) and School Organized Activities (+5).
For example, if you attend the Green Gallop 5K on October 4, you can receive points for Races (+10) and School Organized Activities (+5). That means you get 15 points for one activity!