Restart Member Guidance
We are committed to respecting the health and safety of all members and staff.
We expect all members to adhere to all policies and guidelines that have been developed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Staff are here to assist you and to ensure you have a safe visit. Let us know if you have any questions.
Respect physical distancing and take basic precautions (wash hands, use sanitizer, cover coughs).
Read signs with information providing directions on how to work out safely in the Wellness Center.
Watch for distancing markers and directional signs located throughout the facility.
What You Need to Know
- Sign your annual Safety Waiver. This can be accessed on our website or through the Wellness Center Mobile App (Program Registration).
- At this time, you do not need to reserve a spot to visit the Wellness Center. Members will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Facility capacity has been reduced, so you may be asked to wait until you can enter the facility.
- Prior to your visit, we advise you to check our real-time facility capacity on our website or on the Wellness Center phone app.
- Bring a mask/face covering, pre-filled water bottle, and a personal workout towel. Towel service will not be available at this time.
- Arrive dressed and prepared for your workout as locker storage units and showers will not be available until further notice.
- Changing rooms/areas may be limited or not available at this time, so please plan appropriately for your workout.
- Please do not bring Gym Bags to the Wellness Center. Wallet/key lockers are available (but limited) in our Lock-N-Charge station.
UND Wellness Center Mobile App
For an enhanced visit and to access the facility hands-free, we recommend that you download the UND Wellness Center Mobile App prior to your first visit. To download the free app, search ‘UND Wellness’ on the iTunes or Google Play store.
- Annual Waiver: Avoid lines by completing your annual waiver through your mobile phone.
- Hands-Free Access Scanning: Self-scan into the Wellness Center using your phone, by accessing your member bar code with your personal UND login credentials.
- Real-Time Facility Capacity: Before your visit, you can check to see how busy the facility is.
- COVID-19 Facility Policies: Stay informed with updates and safety policies for your next visit.
- Program Registration: Register for a spot in one of our free Group Exercise Classes or in one of our many programs.
- Online Remote Programs/Resources: Access a library of resources and remote programs.
Download the UND Wellness Center mobile app on your cell phone to access your secure member bar code that will allow you to self-scan yourself into our facility. The bar code is a single-use personalized bar code that can only be accessed once per visit.
To download the app, search ‘UND Wellness’ on the iTunes or Google Play store. Click on the ‘Member ID’ icon within the app and log-in to your personal account using your UND credentials. If you cannot access the mobile phone app, you must bring your UND ID card. We will have card swipe device available for you to self-swipe your card to access the facility.
To help protect the health and safety of our campus community, and in accordance with UND’s statement on face coverings, a face covering will be required to be worn in Wellness Center indoor common spaces (e.g., facility check-in, lounges, hallways, meeting rooms, elevator, bathrooms, etc.). Masks/face coverings will NOT be required to be worn while you are exercising. We thank you In advance for following all protective measures implemented as this will make the Wellness Center as safe as possible for everyone’s enjoyment.
Please pay attention to signs and floor markings that will provide you guidance on proper distancing in our facility. Equipment has been spaced appropriately to ensure proper distancing for your safety during your workout.
Equipment has been spaced at least 6 ft. apart. Group Exercise classes will have a 12 ft. X 12 ft. area for each participant.
If you feel sick, have an elevated temperature, or may have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, staying at home is the best way to contain the virus and protect other people. If you do stay at home, online wellness resources are available and can be accessed through our mobile phone app or the Wellness Center.
Available Facility Spaces
|Open | Available for Use||Closed | Not Available|
Cardio & Strength Spaces
Cardio Deck (limited for adequate distancing)
Free Weights (limited for adequate distancing)
Wellness & Recreation Spaces
Multi-Activity Court (open for Group Exercise classes only)
Main Gym (open for Pre-Set Activities only)
Outdoor Basketball Courts (no close contact advised)
Outdoor Tennis Courts
Outdoor Sand Volleyball Courts
Small GX Studio 130 (open for individual activity)
Large GX Studio 272/274 (open for individual activity)
Functional/Stretching Area (open with some modifications)
Esports NEXUS (reduced capacity)
Rock Wall (open with modifications)
Table Tennis (singles play only)
Classrooms (available for reservations only)
Indoor Cycling Studio
Current Staff/Faculty Memberships
Outpost Equipment Rentals
Sports Equipment Check-out (limited)
Water Fountains (bring your own water bottle)
Lock N Charge Wallet Locker
Fitness Equipment Check-out