- Center for Instructional and Learning Technologies
- Tech Support
- Claim Your Account
A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Manage your North Dakota University System Account (NDUS.Identifier)
For assistance with your account, please contact the NDUS Help Desk by phone at 866-457-6387 or visit the NDUS Help Desk web site. If you have been issued a temporary (t.firstname.lastname) account, please contact UND Tech Support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which systems can I access with my NDUS.Identifer?
Your NDUS Account (NDUS.Identifier) is used to access the following:
- NDUS Systems
- Campus Connection
- HRMS (Employee Self-Service)
- UND Systems
- Blackboard Learning Management System
- Student email (username is NDUS.Identifier@ndus.edu)
- SafeConnect wireless access
- Adobe Connect
- Citrix (remote software access)
- Library proxy access
- OmniUpdate (web content management system)
How often do I have to change my password?
The North Dakota University System requires a password change every 90 days for NDUS accounts. To change your NDUS Account password, click the Change Password button.
How are affected users being notified?
Notifications are sent 14 days and 1 day prior to the password expiration date to the email address on file for the user.
How do I change my password?
Click the Change Password button and follow the steps to change your password. Most systems that require the NDUS.Identifier for a login will update immediately.
NOTE: Faculty/Staff email does NOT use the same login/password – this is separate and can be changed in the Office 365 Web Portal
What do I do if my password has already expired?
Click the Change Password button and follow the steps to change your password. Once logged in the system will immediately prompt you to update your password. Most systems that require the NDUS.Identifier for a login will sync with the new password immediately.
Will my email password be affected?
Student email accounts are synced with the NDUS.Identifier and will be affected by the 90-day password change policy. Once the NDUS password is changed, the student email account password will also be changed.
The faculty/staff email system is NOT synced with the NDUS Account. Changing the NDUS Account password will not affect the faculty/staff email account password. The faculty/staff email password can be changed using the Office 365 Web Portal. Once logged in, select the gear option in the upper right corner and then select Office 365 Settings, then select Password.
Why am I still having trouble logging into some systems after changing my password?
- If you sign into your desktop computer with AD/NDUS.Identifier (AD/jane.doe) and you changed your password from a notification that appeared upon attempting to log into your computer, then your password did not officially change for your NDUS Account. Instead, use the Change Password button.
- Adobe Connect passwords sync once daily at 5am. If a password is changed, it will not sync with Adobe Connect until the following day at 5am. If you need to access Adobe Connect prior to this, please contact UND Tech Support and they can assist you.
- Faculty/staff email is not tied to the NDUS Account and uses a separate password. If you are not sure what your faculty/staff email password is, please contact UND Tech Support for assistance.
Why is the 90-Day password change being enforced?
- The North Dakota University system is requiring all NDUS account passwords to be changed every 90 days in an effort to strengthen IT Security within the North Dakota University System.
- Questions/concerns can be directed to the NDUS System Office at 701-777-7287 or 701-239-6626.