EEO is the Law
Community Violence Intervention Center (CVIC)
CVIC is a Grand Forks-based non-profit organization whose mission is to end violence. CVIC offers advocacy services to community members who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or other sexual violence. UND is proud to partner with CVIC to provide a confidential advisor on our campus to assist students and employees who have experienced domestic or sexual violence. There is no charge to anyone who uses these services. The CVIC advisor will not share your name with anyone without your consent.
The confidential campus advisor can help with:
- Providing information about or accessing campus support resources, such as no-contact directives, housing changes, counseling referrals, and other support;
- Accompanying you to meetings, interviews or hearings;
- Advocating on your behalf in any matters regarding the traumatic experience you have experienced;
- Providing assistance in filing protection orders with the court, if deemed appropriate; and
- Providing individual and group therapy to individuals who are victims of domestic or sexual violence.
CVIC Campus Confidential Advisor
Memorial Union, Room 262: 701.777.6550
Mondays 8:00 – 4:30
Wednesdays 1:00 – 5:00
Thursdays 8:00 – 12:00
Fridays 8:00 – 12:00
You can also make arrangements to meet with an advocate at other times or in their downtown office.
CVIC Main Office
211 S. 4th St., Grand Forks: 701.746.0405
24/7 Crisis Line: 701.746.8900 or 866.746.8900