The University of North Dakota is the state's most comprehensive intensive research university and the primary center for professional education and training.
- $1.4 billion overall impact on the state’s economy, FY 2013
- 3,387 secondary jobs (indirect and inducted) supported by UND expenditures, FY 2013
- $136.6 million direct economic impact from student spending, FY 2013
- $193 million impact in fiscal year 2014 from UND’s sponsored research programs
- 1,598 jobs generated in fiscal year 2014 by UND research activity
- 95% of UND graduates are either employed or continuing their education
Information provided by the UND Office of Institutional Research and Division of Research & Economic Development, and drawn from the North Dakota University System Economic Impact Report, 2014, which is produced biennally.