FY 2010 Budget Instructions
The deadline for entering your operating and position budgets is Wednesday, May 27, 2009. Email Margaret and Peggy once you have completed entering your budgets in the Budget Application. They will analyze both your Position Budget Application and your Operating Budget Application; verify they are balanced; review with VP Brekke; and, Finalize the Operating Summary on the Budget Application.
- Operating Budget Application - access via Budget Office website
- Position Budget Application - access via Budget Office website
- FY 2010 Local Fund, U Fee, and Appropriated Targets (emailed from Peggy - 5/1/09)
- VPFO FY 2010 Budget Preparation (Salary & Operating)
- Request to Reallocate
- Market Data (provided by Office of Human Resources)
Budget Development Tips:
- Make sure all of your positions are listed in the Position Budget Application.
- Fringe benefits are not included in the Position Budget Application. You will enter them in the Operating Budget Application for all funds except appropriated funds. Payroll has a fringe benefit calculator on their web site that you will find helpful to verify benefits.
- Budget each fund in your department. There is a list of funds by department on the Budget Office web site.
- Budget both revenue and expenditure budgets for all funds within the following ranges:
- If you budget a transfer in or transfer out, identify the offsetting fund in your email to Peggy and Margaret at budget completion.
- All budgets must be balanced (no deficits).
- When you have completed updating the Budget Application, email Margaret and Peggy.
- Your budget must be completed no later than 4:30pm on Wednesday, May 27th.
- Do not check the FINALIZE OPERATING SUMMARY in the Budget Application. Margaret and Peggy will do that when they have completed their analysis, verified the budget is balanced, and reviewed it with VP Brekke.
If you have any questions, please call Margaret or Peggy at 7-2015.