- Current Senators
- Executive Committee
- Staff Senator of the Year
- Become a Senator
- Photo Gallery
Staff Senate welcomes questions and ideas. Please click below to submit a suggestion.
Effective immediately, Staff Chat may not be used to advertise any personal items for sale, including ticket sales. This change is made in compliance with: NDUS Procedure 1901.2 Computer Network and Usage, Section 3.8. Personal business Computing and networking resources may not be used in connection with compensated outside work or for private business purposes unrelated to the NDUS or institutions, except in accordance with the NDUS Consulting Policy.
The UND Staffchat listserv has existed for several years, but was recently updated to include all UND benefited staff employees. If this is your first email from the Staffchat listserv, we welcome you and hope that you find your membership beneficial. Please review the following guidelines for appropriate use of the listserv.
Guidelines for UND Staffchat Listserv
The STAFFCHAT Listserv is designed to provide a forum for UND staff to post information relevant to members of the staff University community. Only UND Benefited Staff employees are eligible to be members of this listserv. The listserv is monitored, which means that emails to the listserv will be verified to ensure that they comply with the following guidelines before distribution. If the email does not conform to the guidelines, the sender will be notified that the email will not be distributed.
If you are unsure whether a post you wish to make falls within the STAFFCHAT GUIDELINES, please contact UND Human Resources at email@example.com.
All content submitted to this UND email list must conform to NDUS Procedure 1901.2, Computer and Network Usage. (See NDUS computer use policies)
A MESSAGE submitted to STAFFCHAT@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU can be posted if-
- It is directly related to University concerns.
- It is information that will be of general interest to the target group (UND Staff).
- The sender has an affiliation with UND.
- Products or activities advertised in the email are sponsored by UND or by officially recognized UND affiliates/organizations.
- It is an announcement of UND events and UND job openings (allowed and encouraged).
- Please include the following paragraph at the end of your email when submitting surplus items to StaffChat for giveaway:"The items in this listing are no longer needed by the department, but are still UND owned property and should only be transferred if you have a need in your department for the item(s). They should not be obtained for personal use. If you have questions concerning the Surplus Process, please feel free to contact Mike Hess, Central Receiving/Surplus Clerk at 777-3125 or Dianna Cockerham, Logistics Manager at 777-3033. Human Resources and Facilities Management thank you for your assistance in this matter."
Content that cannot be posted on STAFFCHAT:
- Shared leave requests (donated leave). These requests are managed directly through HR.
- Business advertising (Alternative venue UNDerground).
- Real estate for rent or sale is not allowed (Alternative venue UNDerground).
- Items for sale or inquires about items to buy, including ticket sales (Alternate venue UNDerground and Ralph Engelstad Ticket Exchange). EXCEPTIONS are made for sales of goods or services by the University of North Dakota.
The STAFFCHAT Listserv will be updated quarterly to automatically add new staff employees and remove those individuals that are no longer employed at UND. If a new employee would like to be added immediately, they can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, type: sub staffchat firstname.lastname.
To unsubscribe, just click the link at the bottom of any email from the listserv.
Contact the UND Human Resources Office at email@example.com or call 701-777-4361.