- Student Affairs
- Alcohol & Other Drugs Committee
- Community & Campus Committee to Reduce High-Risk Alcohol Use
- Committee on Sexual Violence Prevention
- Getting Started/Welcome Weekend Working Group
- Marketing Council
- One-Stop Shop Committee
- Staff Development Committee
- SA Assessment Committee
- Summer School Working Group
- Enrollment Management Organizational Review
- Financial Aid Office Review
- Enrollment Planning Assessment
- Residence Services Review
- Residence Services Update-November 2013
Division of Student Affairs
Welcome to the University of North Dakota - a University which has a strong tradition of academic excellence and service to students. This University is proud of the quality of its academic programs and the success of its more than 100,000 alumni.
We are equally proud of the quality of staff and the services which have assisted students in meeting their needs while they are associated with the University.
This website describes a variety of programs and services designed to help students both on and off campus. Each of the program and service areas listed in this web site has a dedicated and caring staff committed to your success.
The University of North Dakota Division of Student Affairs provides leadership through comprehensive and inclusive student support services and educational opportunities designed to enhance the overall development of lifelong learners, and by extending university resources to all constituents.
Student Affairs Assumptions and Beliefs
- The academic mission of the institution is preeminent.
- Each student is unique.
- Each person has worth and dignity.
- Bigotry cannot be tolerated.
- Feelings affect thinking and learning.
- Student involvement enhances learning.
- Personal circumstances affect learning.
- Out-of-class environments affect learning.
- A supportive and friendly community life helps students learn.
- The freedom to doubt and question must be guaranteed.
- Effective citizenship should be taught.
- Students are responsible for their own lives.
- Source: "A Perspective on Student Affairs" The Student Personnel Point of View, 1987
Office of the Vice President
The Vice President for Student Affairs is responsible for providing leadership to the campus and Division of Student Affairs. Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President is committed to the general welfare and vitality of the institution and is a primary liaison between Student Affairs and other major components of the University. The Vice President for Student Affairs is an advocate for students and seeks to create a positive learning environment for all students especially outside the classroom. The VP is also responsible for policy, long-range planning, budget, personnel, and coordination of the departments which together comprise the Division of Student Affairs.
Lori Reesor, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
University of North Dakota
307 Twamley Hall
264 Centennial Dr, Stop 7140
Grand Forks, ND 58202-7140