The Parking Ramp is located at the intersection of University Avenue and Columbia Road. Entrance to the Ramp is on Second Avenue.
Daily, there are 203 student and 75 faculty/staff available spaces in the UND Parking Ramp for permit holders. It is open to anyone for "Pay-as-you-go Parking" 24 hours a day. Overnight parking between the hours of midnight and 5:00 am is prohibited for A, S or H permits and General parking spaces.
Specific Ramp Permits are also valid in surface "A" lots for staff or faculty, and "S" lots for students.
Using the Parking Ramp
1. Check Electronic Message Board for Available Spaces
• If no space is available for student/staff, please do not attempt to enter the ramp unless
you plan to pay for your parking by pulling a ticket.
• Stopping on 2nd Avenue to wait for a ramp space to open is not permissible or safe.
The ramp staff will call UND Police, and you may be issued a citation for parking in
a no parking zone.
• If you do pull a ticket and do not want to pay for parking, you will have 15 minutes to exit
the ramp with no charge. The ticket can be returned to the Express Parking machine
located in the exit lanes.
2. Swipe Permit as Shown
• If the permit is being swiped properly and does not open the gate, this means there
are no available parking spaces for your permit type. Please refer to the
signage located on the Parking Ramp booth for correct swiping procedures.
• Do not back up if the ramp gates will not open. Pull a ticket and proceed to exit
the ramp within 15 minutes to avoid a charge.
• If the permit swipe machine reads “Anti-Passback lock”, this means that you may
have left the ramp on an open gate the last time you parked. Please pull a ticket
and exit immediately through Gate 3 using your permit to open the exit gate.
• Put the ticket in the drop box located at the end of Gate 3.
• Your permit will now allow you to enter the ramp if there are available spaces.
3. Proceed to Park on Levels 3, 4, or 5
• Parking on Levels 1 or 2 without an RCA/RCS ramp permit will result in parking citation.
4. Exit the Ramp
• Do not exit when the gate is open without swiping your permit. This will cause the system
to not register your permit and miscalculate the number of available spaces.
• If you exit on an open gate without swiping your permit, your permit will not allow you to get
back into the ramp at a later date. (Anti-passback message will appear upon re-entry attempt).
• If you pulled a ticket and are exiting within the first 15 minutes of pulling that ticket, please insert
the ticket into the machine to exit.
• If you pulled a ticket and are exiting at Gate 3 due to an anti-passback lock message, please use
your permit to exit at Gate 3, and put the ticket into the drop box at the end of the exit.
• If you pulled a ticket and are exiting the ramp you must insert your previously pulled ticket.
In order to exit the ramp by swiping your permit you must have entered
the ramp using your same permit.
- Pay Station (located first level lobby)
- Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
Pricing and Levels
|First 15 Minutes||Free|
|Each Additional Hour||$1.00|
|1-2||Reserved for Ramp Permit holders|
|3-5||H, A, and S permit holders|