Stratospheric Operations and Research Symposium (SOaRS)
SOaRS aims to bring together lighter than air and heavier than air providers, enablers and customers that will help drive the rapid High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) and High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) development.
Since the early 21st century the aerospace industry has been trying to operationalize the stratosphere using HALE UAVs or HAPS. Join key symposium support from US DoD, NASA, key technology, and governance enablers in collaborating and driving forward HALE and HAPS development.
March 12 & 13, 2024
Memorial Union Ballroom
University of North Dakota
Discuss key drivers of Stratospheric Operations:
- Challenges and Opportunities of Stratospheric Operations
- Current and Proposed HALE/HAPS aircraft and balloons
- Communication and Sensor Technologies
- Power Sources for Propulsion and Payloads
- Airspace Approvals and Traffic Management
Learn, network, and engage in conversation about using HAPS emerging capability of stratospheric platforms to develop industry solutions.