Reading Efficiency & Comprehension Workshop
If you have troubles reading, remembering what you have read, or want some tips on how to read more efficiently and effectively, this workshop is for you!
Date & Time
Saturday, September 27, 8:30 - 12:30
O'Kelly Hall, Room 61
- Interventions Program teacher at Grand Forks Central High School
- M.Ed. in Reading Education from the University of North Dakota
- Recipient of the 2012 Lake Agassiz Reading Council Literacy Award
- North Dakota Newspaper in Education 2013 Teacher of the Year
The Reading Efficiency & Comprehension workshop offers readers an opportunity to fine-tune their skills. With the goal of building self-confidence, this workshop consists of strategies that strengthen reading comprehension, as well as enhance reading speed. The workshop teaches focus when reading and how to select important information out of text in order to recall it for class discussion and assignments. Enrollment is limited, register today!
- develop self-awareness as a reader
- learn collegiate level reading strategies that support increased comprehension, speed and efficiency
- apply comprehension strategies to content reading
- learn technology tips for reading, studying and presenting
- build confidence as a reader