Schedule a Visit
Ready to experience UND?
A campus visit is a great way to see firsthand what awaits you at UND. See where you'll live, where you'll eat and where you'll study. You can also meet faculty, tour the UND Wellness Center and see the crown jewel of campus – the Ralph Englestad Arena. Plus, we'll make sure to answer all of your questions.
Undergraduate Student Tours
During your weekday or Saturday campus visit, you'll:
- Attend an admissions presentation
- Take a 1-hour walking tour of campus with a current student
- Visit with faculty / advisors in your academic area of interest
- Enjoy lunch on us in one of our premier dining centers
UND Fall Open House
Thursday, Oct. 18 or Friday, Oct. 19, 2018
You and your family are invited to join us for a unique campus visit experience where you can customize your schedule based on what interests you the most!
During the Fall Open House held on Thursday, Oct. 18 or Friday, Oct. 19, you'll have the chance to:
- Tour campus with current students
- See what a UND class is like by taking part in academic sessions in a variety of majors
- Check out other areas of campus, such as the the UND Wellness Center, residence hall complexes and the new School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Learn what it's like to be a UND student from current students
- Get all your questions answered by an Admissions representative
Plus, you might be one of the 8 lucky students chosen to win a $1,000 UND tuition waiver for your first semester's tuition! (You must be present to win.)
You may check in anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. in the Chester Fritz Auditorium.
To make the most of your day, it's recommended that you check in between 8:30 and 9 a.m. or between 10:30 and 11 a.m.
Throughout the day, you'll be able to choose from a dozen informative sessions, events and tours, including:
9 a.m. or 11 p.m. - UND Welcome & Admissions Presentations
9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Individual Admission Appointments
9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Individual Financial Aid & FAFSA Appointments
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Residence Hall Tours
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Wellness Center Tours
10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Campus Tours
10 a.m. or 12 p.m. - Academic Sessions
10 a.m. - 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. - Study Abroad Info Sessions
11 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Lunch
11 a.m. or 1 p.m. - School of Medicine & Health Sciences Tours
11 a.m. or 1 p.m. - Law School Presentations
1 - 4:30 p.m. - Aviation Briefing
Reserve your spot for Thursday, Oct. 18 or Friday, Oct. 19 by completing our registration form. Please complete one form for each student attending the visit.
Honors Student for a Day
Monday, November 19 or Saturday, December 1
Wondering what it's like to be a UND Honors Student? It's one thing for us to tell you about the exciting learning community that will challenge you to be the next generation of creative and critical thinkers. It's another for you to experience it firsthand.
Be an Honors Student for a Day
- Participate in breakout sessions, including mock Honors classes and hands-on learning activities
- Meet Honors faculty and students
- Learn about Honors travel abroad opportunities
- Tour the residence hall dedicated to the Honors Living & Learning Community
- Get a tour of the UND campus with a current UND student
- Enjoy complimentary lunch
By the end of the day, you'll see why the Honors Program is an exclusive educational experience that prepares the best and brightest students to graduate with the knowledge, skills and commitment to positively impact the world around them.
|Who?||Exceptional high school students and their families|
|When?||Monday, November 19
Saturday, December 1
9 a.m. - Check-in at the Memorial Union
9:30 a.m. - Welcome
10:35 a.m. - Breakout Sessions (Students will have the chance to participate in 3 breakout sessions during this time, with options including mock Honors classes, hands-on learning activities and panel discussions.)
12 p.m. - Lunch
1:15 p.m. - Honors Space Tour and Open House
2:00 p.m. - Campus Tours (optional)
Make your reservation today!
You can visit UND year-round Monday through Friday (except holidays or other special circumstances) at the following times:*
- 8:30 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
*Please do not finalize any travel plans until your visit request has been confirmed by our staff.
Every effort will be made to schedule time for you to meet with a faculty member or advisor during your campus visit; appointments are based on availability and not guaranteed.
Please note the following when scheduling your campus visit for certain academic areas:
- Aviation Briefings & Tours: Available Mondays and Fridays at 1 p.m. until approximately 5 p.m. Please call the Office of Admissions at 701.777.4795 to verify if there is an Aviation Briefing on the date you have requested before booking any travel arrangements. Some Aviation dates are not available because of holidays and other breaks including November 23, December 14, 17, 21, 24, 28 and 31 of 2018 and January 4, 7 and 21, February 18, March 8, 11 and 15, April 12, 19 and 22 and May 10, 24 and 27 of 2019, but they do not show as unavailable on the visit calendar.
- Business Briefings: Available on Mondays and Thursdays at 11 a.m.
- Pre-Health Briefings: Available Monday through Friday at 12 p.m. during the semesters. From Dec. 19 through Jan. 6 available Monday through Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- Nursing Briefings & Tours: Available Mondays and Fridays at 11 a.m.
Join us on select Saturdays if you can't make it during the week. Saturday visits are the same as visits during the week, just in larger groups.*
8:00 a.m. – UND Resource Fair** \ Check In
9:00 a.m. – Welcome \ Admissions Presentation
9:20 a.m. – Student Panel
10:00 a.m. – Campus Tour
11:00 a.m. – Academic Visit
For Aerospace Days, families will have lunch beginning at 11:00 a.m., followed by the Aviation Tour at 12:30 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – Lunch
12:30 p.m. - Aviation Tour (Aerospace Days Only)
12:45 p.m. – Extended Bus Tour to Wellness Center and UND Bookstore
Families will be picked up from lunch at Wilkerson Commons. (This is not available on Aerospace Days.)
*Please do not finalize any travel plans until your visit request has been confirmed by our staff.
**The UND Resource Fair consists of representation from the following departments: Student Success Center, Career Services, Financial Aid, Housing, Student Involvement, Honors, Health & Wellness, American Indian Center, Multicultural Programs & Services, ROTC and the International Center.
November 3, 2018, February 9, 2019 and April 6, 2019
Learn more about the various aerospace programs including Aviation, Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Atmospheric Science. You'll tour the airport and see UND's fleet of aircraft and aerospace simulators.
Please note the following:
- Separate appointments with faculty advisors from Air Traffic Control, the Helicopter Training Program, and Unmanned Aircraft Systems are not available on Saturdays; if you want a separate appointment with faculty advisors in these areas, please schedule your visit on a weekday.
- If you're interested in aerospace engineering, you should come for an Engineering & Geology Day.
- The optional Wellness Center & UND Bookstore Tour is not available on Aerospace Days.
October 6, 2018 and January 26, 2019
Receive a tour of the College of Business & Public Administration and visit with faculty to learn more about business programs, including:
- Banking & Financial Economics
- Business Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Managerial Finance & Accounting
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Public Affairs
December 1, 2018 and April 13, 2019
Do you want to teach?
Interested in fine arts, graphic design, music, theater arts, humanities, English, history, languages, philosophy, religion or Indian studies? Like math or science?
Have questions about social sciences, anthropology, communication, criminal justice, geography, geology, forensic science, psychology or sociology?
Curious about special programs like Honors, international studies or women studies?
Chat with faculty, advisors or current students and tour some departments to explore more than 35 programs offered in the College of Education & Human Development and the College of Arts & Sciences.
Or maybe you're still deciding on your major? That's ok!
Come and visit with one of our advisors and learn what services are available to help you choose your career path.
October 27, 2018 and March 23, 2019
Tour the engineering complex and visit with faculty members and students to learn more about the exceptional programs in engineering and geology available at UND, including:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Geoscience
- Geological Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Computer Science
September 29, 2018, November 17, 2018 and February 23, 2019
Interested in nursing, dietetics, community nutrition, athletic training, occupational therapy, or physical therapy?
Want to learn more about the pre-professional programs for medicine, medical laboratory science, dentistry, optometry, veterinary, chiropractic, physician assistant, podiatry, pharmacy, osteopathic medicine or mortuary science?
Visit with faculty or advisors, tour multiple departments and get all of your questions answered about the:
- Required courses
- Application processes
- Getting accepted into UND's nursing and pre-professional programs
Graduate Student Tours
We also offer specialized tours for graduate students. We can arrange one-on-one tours with our recruitment team, meetings with faculty or visits to the buildings that you would use as a graduate student.
To request a visit email UND.tours@UND.edu.
A parking pass is needed for every lot on campus. Guest passes are available at no charge for a prospective student's visit to campus when scheduling a tour.
Visit Any Way You Can
Can't get to campus? There are other options for you to explore UND.