- Minimum GPA of 2.50 (some programs require higher GPA)
- Earned at least 24 university level credits before scheduled program departure
- In good standing with the University of North Dakota
The American College of Norway is the only UND program where freshman who have completed 15 university-level credits can study abroad. Host institutions may have additional GPA, class standing, and/or language requirements.
For a look at the overall process take a look at our Education Abroad Checklist.
Steps to Apply
- Start an online profile.
- Schedule an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor before completing an application.
- Complete your UND application. The application varies depending on your program and may require additional documentation. The following materials need to be completed before your UND application is reviewed:
- Transcript(s) - official/unofficial depending on program
- Academic recommendation
*Note: You will need to complete a second application directly to your host institution/provider. Exchange program participants will need to be nominated by Education Abroad in order to receive their host institution application. Contact your Education Abroad Advisor for more information.
Completed applications will typically be reviewed within three to seven days. You will receive a decision letter via email once the review is complete. Initial approval is based on UND requirements. You must receive your acceptance from UND Education Abroad prior to completing your host institution/provider application. Final acceptance to your program is at the discretion of the host institution/provider and not UND. If you are accepted, you will receive two letters – one from UND by email and one from your program.
Your letter will contain additional documents for you to complete.
- Financial Budget Worksheet
- Participation Confirmation —this online form is used to formally declare your intent to participate in study abroad or notify the International Center that you have decided not to study abroad. Either way this form needs to be completed no later than the deadline mentioned in your notification letter.
- Fall: Due March 15
- Summer: Due February 28
- Spring: Due October 15
Additionally, your application and study abroad fees will post shortly after the confirmation deadline. Information about the fees and deadlines are located on the Policies page.
All remaining materials are due during your pre-departure orientation. If you miss this orientation without having made prior arrangements with the International Center, you will not be allowed to study abroad through UND, and you will forfeit your deposit. Orientations are in early April and early November.
Manage your application process online
Application Fee: $50
Spring: October 1
Summer: February 15
Fall: March 1