Reservations for 2014 Summer Orientation Begin February 18
Summer Orientation is a 1-day program (2 days for Aviation students) that begins your orientation to UND and the transition from high school to college. Summer Orientation 2014 will take place on selected dates between June 5 – July 18. Session dates are selected based on students' academic majors.
At Summer Orientation, new freshmen will have the opportunity to:
- Register for classes after discussing academic goals one-on-one with an academic advisor.
- Visit with Student Financial Aid, Housing, and other student service departments.
- Learn about the expectations of a university environment.
- Connect with new UND students who have similar academic interests.
- Meet with faculty from students' majors to learn more about degree program requirements.
- Get answers to questions.
At Summer Orientation, parents will attend a Parent Orientation to learn more about the college transition and available UND resources. Presented information will include:
- College Transition for Parents & Families
- Campus Safety & Community Expectations
- Breakout Sessions:
- College finances for those sending a student to college for the first time
- College finances for those who already have a student in college
- Career Services
Orientation sessions will conclude with a Resource Fair. The Resource Fair gives students and parents the opportunity to visit one-on-one with student services departments and to get final questions answered.
To help cover programming, material and food costs, there will be a non-refundable fee for new students and guests/parents to attend Summer Orientation. Exact costs will be finalized prior to February 18.
Due to space limitations, please limit the number of guests/parents to two, if possible. There is no programming available for young children.
Reservations Open February 18
The online reservation system for Summer Orientation will open on Tuesday, February 18, 2014. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Watch your mail or visit UND.edu/orientation for more information. If you have questions, contact Kristi Okerlund, New Student & Parent Programs Coordinator, at 701.777.6468 or kristi.okerlund@UND.edu.