Student Health Services will file any charges incurred with your health plan. All students are eligible for care with or without health insurance.
Examples of charges include:
- Office visits
- Lab work
- Injections/ Immunizations
You will be responsible for all co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance. Any charges that are not covered by insurance plan will also be your responsibility to pay.
Please bring your current insurance card with you to every appointment.
Please call the SHS Insurance Coordinator with any benefit coverage questions at 701.777.3457.
Student Health Insurance Plan:
The North Dakota University System (NDUS) is pleased to offer health insurance coverage to NDUS students through United Healthcare insurance company. Domestic students (i.e. American citizens) are not required by the NDUS to carry this coverage. However, the Affordable Care Act does require that you carry some sort of health insurance, and this plan is an option. For more information: https://www.ndus.edu/students/ship/
All SHS charges will be billed to insurance if provided on the day of your visit.
Steps for billing:
- Visit SHS
- Insurance is filed with your insurance company
- Insurance is processed by insurance company. This usually takes 4-6 weeks.
- Unpaid balance that insurance does not cover will show up in Campus Connection account.
Insurance -- Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t have a copy of my insurance card for my appointment?
- You will need to provide a copy of your insurance card to SHS on the day of your appointment. If you have questions about insurance or how to submit your card, please call our Insurance Coordinator at 701-777-3457.
What if I don’t have health insurance?
- You are able to be seen at SHS without health insurance. Please contact our Insurance Coordinator at 701.777.3457.
What if I don’t want to file insurance for my visit?
- You may complete the Request “Do Not File Insurance for Today’s Visit” form at the time of your medical visit and all the charges from that visit will be withheld from being sent to insurance. The charges will be submitted to your Campus Connection account if not paid the day of service.
What is a deductible/Out of Pocket expenses?
- A deductible,co-pay, or co-insurance is the amount you must pay annually towards certain categories of medical expenses before insurance benefits begin.
What insurance companies does SHS accept?
- We will file insurance to any insurance company underwritten in the USA or Canada.
Will you bill my secondary insurance policy?
- Yes, if we have your insurance information on file, we will bill to your secondary insurance.
How do I update my new insurance information?
- Please contact our Insurance Coordinator to update your insurance at 701.777.3457.