- About the Facility
- Tour the Facility
- Green Initiative
- Quiet Lounge
- Floor Plan
- Rentals and Retreats
- Member Benefits
- Membership Rates
- Health Club Credit - BCBSND
- Health Club Credit - BCBSMN
- Membership Policies
- About Fitness
- Group Exercise
- Specialty Exercise
- Personal Training
- Upcoming Certifications
- Virtual TrainerSteroid Use Awareness
AFAA Personal Training Certification Workshop
WHAT IS IT?
A three-day certification workshop including lectures, practical demonstrations and written and practical exams. This course will help prepare you for both AFAA's Personal Fitness Trainer Certification and the Personal Fitness Trainer National Boards. The curriculum includes:
Anatomy and kinesiology. Fitness assessment testing procedures (3-minute Step test, sit-and-reach, push-up, abdominal crunch, body composition screening with skin-fold caliper measurement)Nutrition fundamentals and weight management. Special populations and medical considerations. Listening, leadership and motivational skills. Exercise programming in the weight room. Wellness programming and screening guidelines
WHO IS IT FOR?
For the aspiring and experienced fitness professional working one-on-one with exercise clients.
Early registration and pre-study is required. Weight room/weight training experience is strongly recommended.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $499* (less a 10% discount for current AFAA members. Corporate affiliate discounts may not be combined).
This fee includes:
- 3-day Certification Workshop at a facility near you.Personal Trainer Certification Study Guide - written and practical certification testing.
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current members and a print or digital subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to addresses outside the U.S.)
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer certificate and I.D. card (upon successful completion of both written and practical examinations)CPR/AED certification required before certificate is issued.
- AFAA certified professionals who wish to register only for CEU credit pay a workshop fee of $255. Receive 15 CEUs.
*Fee does not include the recommended Personal Fitness Training: Theory and Practice textbook (2010) ($69 plus shipping), or the practice test for Personal Trainer Certification ($20).
UND Wellness Center membership not required, although participants will need to sign a special events waiver to enter the building.
Temporary parking permits will be provided to those who attend trainings that are NOT currently UND Student, Faculty or Staff - please be prepared to show certification registration at the time of entry. All UND Students, Faculty or Staff will need to provide their own parking permit for these events.
Questions? Please contact Stephanie Hoffman, Coordinator of Fitness at 701-777-2943 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org