We offer a variety of educational resources to help you succeed in college.
Visit with a Learning Specialist
Discuss such things as: time management, study strategies, test taking strategies, etc.
2-Ways to Schedule an Appointment with a Learning Specialist
Online Study Skills Tutorials
Video presentations include reading a college text, note taking, time management, studying for exams, exploring your future, learning styles, thinking critically, and goal setting. Each tutorial has a ten question multiple choice assessment.
- Log-in to Blackboard.
- On the My UND tab, under “My Courses”, click on “Blackboard Student Resource Course”.
- In the left-side toolbar, click on “Student Success Center”.
- Click on the tutorial you wish to view.
- After watching the tutorial, click on the assessment link, located below the tutorial.
- When you have completed the assessment, click “Submit and Save”.
- Click “OK” to view your results.
- If you are completing the tutorial for a class assignment, extra credit, scholarship, or some other requirement not listed, make sure to print your results page at the end of the assessment.
Download these tips sheets.
Reading SQ3R – Learn how to Survey, Question, Read, Recite, and Review.
Read&Write is an easy-to-use, intuitive toolbar add-on for PCs and Macs that supports students with reading, writing, studying, and research.
Read&Write seamlessly integrates with Microsoft applications, PDFs, email, the Internet, and other software.
- Algebra Homework Help - FREE tutors create solvers with work shown, write algebra lessons, help you solve your homework problems, and answer questions on the question board in Pre-algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry and Physics.
- HippoCampus.org - FREE educational resources for middle school, high school, and college students and instructors. Includes video presentations, worked examples, interactive simulations and test prep.
- Mathway/Math Problem Solver - FREE math problem solver answers your algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus and statistics homework questions. Click the Help button to view examples.
- Math.com - FREE math lessons, formulas, calculators and homework help, in calculus, algebra, analytic geometry and linear algebra.
TutorND - FREE Online Tutoring and Academic Resources from Tutor.com™ for North Dakota residents (K-college and adults). Whether you need help with math homework, want to prepare for a chemistry or social studies test, get help with English, or get a critique of your resume, TutorND can help. The service can be accessed from any North Dakota library or from your home computer.
Live tutors are available to help Sunday through Thursday 6 p.m. — 10 p.m. (CDT). In addition, the SkillsCenter™ Resource Library that connects you to thousands of homework, test prep, and career resources is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- HowToStudy.org - Study skills are listed both by the process of studying and by topic. Each topic has a list of handouts, prioritized by importance and interest.
- khanacademy.org - Students can make use of an extensive library of content, including interactive challenges, assessments and videos from any computer with access to the web. Library content covers math, biology, chemistry, physics, finance and history, to name a few.
- Smarthinking - Available through Blackboard (on the Services Tab)
- Studygs.net - Get study guides and strategies.