Dean of Students
The Dean of Students, Dr. Cara Halgren, and the professional and student staff members she leads are committed to serving all students. We seek to enhance the collegiate experience for all students by providing programs, services, and support to all students and those in their lives.
The units reporting to the Dean of Students are guided by the following values:
- Tradition – We will honor the tradition and history of UND and be intentional in the programs and services we offer.
- Respect – We will work with students and others in their lives in a professional and respectful manner.
- Integrity – We will model ethical standards and integrity in our work and will expect the students we serve to do the same.
- Fairness – We will treat those we serve with fairness and respect and understand that individuals need to be able to make mistakes, learn from them, and move on.
- Inclusion – We will welcome all without reservation and will value the diversity of thoughts and ideas that are shared by those we serve.
- Relationships – We will honor and develop relationships with students and those in their lives as well as our colleagues across campus.
Administrative Officer and Assistant to the Dean
Dean of Students Office
Open 8:00-4:30, M-F
Memorial Union Room 300
2901 University Ave
Grand Forks, ND 58202
24/7 Service for Students in Need