- Drop In Tutoring Schedule
- Early Intervention
- Campus Tutoring Services
- Individual Study Skills Assistance
- Study Skills Aids
- Success Courses
- Workshop Request Form
- Adult Re-Entry
- Keep Going
- Transfer Orientation
- Staying on Track
- Online Study Skills Tutorials
On-Campus Academic Resources
It is imperative that students take the necessary steps to achieve satisfactory academic performance at the University of North Dakota. The Student Success Center is committed to helping students connect with the appropriate programs and services to assist students in developing a personal plan for success.
It is important for students to take the initiative to do the following:
- Get to know instructors. The more comfortable students are approaching their instructors, the easier it will be to ask questions.
- Meet with academic advisors. All students have an academic advisor who is available to talk about a variety of issues and can help students create a plan for success. Students should call their department soon to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor. Undergraduate Academic Department Contact Information.
Use the free on-campus tutoring services.
- American Indian Student Services provides tutoring in a variety of courses (American Indian Student Services, Learning Lab).
- The English as a Second Language (ESL) Resource Center offers English tutoring for international students (Merrifield Hall, Rm 112).
- The Math Learning Center provides tutoring in math courses (Witmer Hall, Rm 310 & 312).
- Multicultural Student Services provides tutoring in a variety of courses (Era Bell Thompson Multicultural Center).
- The Student Success Center offers tutoring in a variety of courses (Memorial Union, Rm 201).
- Student Support Services (TRIO) provides tutoring in a variety of courses to program participants.
- The Writing Center provides one-on-one sessions with trained consultants for students who wish to receive assistance on various writing assignments (Merrifield Hall, Rm 12).
- Seek assistance with study skills. The Student Success Center staff can help students determine the barriers that are in their way to becoming successful students. Students can call (701) 777-2117 to make an appointment with a Learning Services staff member within the Student Success Center to discuss individual issues.
- Enroll in a Success Course. The Student Success Center offers a variety of success courses in the fall & spring semesters. Courses include Introduction to Effective Study Skills, College Reading, Critical Thinking Strategies for College, and Introduction to University Life.
Use the campus resources that are available to students:
- Career Services - McCannel Hall, 280 777-3904
- Counseling Center - McCannel Hall, 200 777-2127
- Math Learning Center - Witmer Hall, 312 777-2881
- Student Success Center - Memorial Union, 201 777-2117
- Writing Center - Merrifield Hall, 12 777-2795
We want to help students be successful, but students must also take the necessary steps to help themselves be successful. With the assistance of the programs and services at UND, students can begin to develop a personal plan for success!