- SSC Drop In Tutoring Schedule
- Academic Resources
- Online Study Skills Tutorials
- Staying on Track
- Study Skills Assistance
- Study Skills Tip Sheets
- Success Courses
- Workshop Request Form
Contact Us New Student Programs
The Student Success Center is committed to helping students connect with the appropriate programs and services to assist students in developing a personal plan for success.
It is important for students to take the initiative to do the following:
- Get to know your instructors. The more comfortable students are approaching their instructors, the easier it will be to ask questions.
- Meet with your academic advisor. All students have an academic advisor who is available to talk about a variety of issues and help students create a plan for success. Students should call their department soon to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor. Undergraduate Academic Department Contact Information.
Use the on-campus tutoring services.
- American Indian Student Services provides tutoring in a variety of courses (American Indian Student Services, Learning Lab). (315 Princeton St.)
- The English as a Second Language (ESL) Resource Center offers English tutoring for international students. (Merrifield Hall, Rm 112)
- The Math Learning Center provides tutoring in math courses. (Witmer Hall, Rm 310 & 312)
- Housing has a Study Hall & Tutoring in Smith Hall - Room 40.
- Multicultural Student Services provides tutoring in a variety of courses. (Era Bell Thompson Multicultural Center, 2800 University Ave.)
- The Student Success Center offers tutoring in a variety of course. (Memorial Union, 2nd Floor)
- Student Support Services (TRIO) provides tutoring in a variety of courses to program participants. (McCannel Hall, 3rd Floor)
- The Writing Center provides one-on-one sessions with trained consultants for students who wish to receive assistance on various writing assignments (Merrifield Hall, Rm 12).
- Seek assistance with study skills. Students can call (701) 777-2117 to make an appointment with a Learning Services staff member within the Student Success Center to discuss individual issues.
- Complete an Online Study Skills Tutorial offered on a number of different topics.
- Enroll in a Success Course. The Student Success Center offers a variety of success courses in the fall & spring semesters. Courses include: Introduction to Effective Study Skills, College Reading, Critical Thinking Strategies for College, and Introduction to University Life.
- Use the campus resources that are available to students:
Hire a personal tutor.
- Check with the department (ex. math) to see if they know of a tutor who might be for hire.
- Ask if you can hang a sign in the department advertising for a tutor.
- Use online resources such as:
We want to help students be successful, but students must also take the necessary steps to help themselves be successful. With the assistance of the programs and services at UND, students can begin to develop a personal plan for success!