- Professional email address
- What transferable skills set you apart?
- What can you do for them?
- Most recent degree first
- Mention GPA if >3.0
- Don't abbreviate degree, e.g.: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Most recent position first and then work back
- Highlight your skills
- Begin phrases with Action Verbs
- Relevant Coursework
- Skills (Computer, Technical, Lab, etc.)
- Lab/Research Experience
- Leadership Experience
- Campus/Community Involvement
- Specialized Training
Q – Is there a resume template I should use or where do I start?
A – Your resume is a professional reflection of you so use a format that represents you and your experience well verses using a specific template. There are templates available through Microsoft Word and online. Remember, if you use a template, don’t limit yourself to using only the headings that auto-populate. Don’t exclude information because it doesn’t fall in place within the template headings. Create your own style of resume…Career Services can help!
Q – I don't have EXPERIENCE...how will I ever get a job in my field?
A-In addition to taking advantage of internships and co-ops available, developing a resume which highlights your achievements and transferrable skills will help you get noticed! UND Career Services can help!