- Agendas and Minutes
- Senate Members
- Governance Documents
- Faculty Senate Proposal
- Senate Orientation
- About the Senate
- Responsibilities and Privileges
- Personnel Information
- Teaching Policies and Procedures
Student Academic Standards Committee
To designate faculty representatives to resolve undergraduate admission appeals or academic grievances not resolved at the level of the academic unit.
Vice President for Academic Affairs or designee (one, voting)
(Registrar or designee will be a non-voting member, serve as chair, prepare all student files for review, act as a resource person, and prepare the annual report for the University Senate.)
Functions and Responsibilities
Acting of its own volition, upon the request of the Senate and/or others, the committee shall assume the following responsibilities:
- Advise all relevant Senate committees regarding student academic policies.
- Act as an appeals board for undergraduate students in cases involving university dismissal for unsatisfactory scholarship when the students dean (or designee) has denied reinstatement.
- Act on student academic grievances in accord with the Code of Student Life.
- Consider exceptions to University admissions policies and appeals of admissions decisions in accordance with the policies established by the Senate Academic Policies and Admissions Committee.
- Review and approve the annual report of the Academic Policies and Admissions Committee to the Senate.
- Maintain and keep current the committee website.