The safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors are our foremost concern. You have a right to feel safe at the University of North Dakota.
We work diligently to reduce the risk and potential for crime, but recognize we cannot do it alone. Safety and security is a shared responsibility and we need your help. The best protections against campus crime are:
- A strong law enforcement presence.
- An aware, informed, alert campus community.
- A commitment to reporting suspicious activities and using common sense when carrying out daily activities.
If you have any questions or suggestions concerning campus safety or security, please contact the Department of Public Safety at 701.777.3491.
Our UND police are happy to escort you on campus. They'll even unlock your car door or jump-start your car battery.
availability for safety escorts
students report feeling safe at UND
ranked safest college campus in ND for the 3rd year in a row
We'll post an alert anytime we consider a crime to pose an ongoing threat to our community. If you have any questions about alerts posted, please contact the University Police Department or follow us on Twitter.
Get the latest road reports for North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota, as well as travel alerts for students studying elsewhere in the U.S. or around the world.
Annual security and fire safety reports are drafted to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act. In addition, they inform you of the safety programs and services available and the steps you can take to maintain your safety and the security of others.
UND Support Teams
Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
BIT assesses whether individuals pose a threat to themselves or others. It provides assistance to those in need and will intervene where necessary.
Campus Life and Safety Team (CLAST)
CLAST assists students who may be struggling academically or personally by coordinating resources and assistance on their behalf.
- UND Office of Safety: 701.777.3341
- University Police Department: 701.777.3491
- Equal Opportunity & Title IX: 701.777.4171
- Grand Forks Police Department: 701.787.8000
- Grand Forks Fire Department: 701.746.2566
- Grand Forks County Sheriff's Department: 701.780.8280
- Grand Forks Public Health Department: 701.787.8100
- Grand Forks Emergency Management: 701.780.8213