The safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors are our foremost concern. You have a right to feel safe at UND.
UND is consistently ranked as the safest college in North Dakota. We work diligently to reduce the risk and potential for crime, but recognize we cannot do it alone. Safety and security is a shared responsibility and we need your help. The best protections against campus crime are:
- A strong law enforcement presence.
- An aware, informed, alert campus community.
- A commitment to reporting suspicious activities and using common sense when carrying out daily activities.
UND is also committed to all dimensions of wellness - with an emphasis on mental health.
students report feeling safe at UND
availability for safety escorts
Our UND police are happy to escort you on campus. They'll even unlock your car door or jump-start your car battery.
If you have any questions or suggestions concerning campus safety or security, please contact the Department of Public Safety at 701.777.3491.
SafeUND explains how to report a non-emergency concern about behavior or property, provides access resources and services, and information about UND's response to misconduct and safety concerns.
We'll post an alert anytime we consider a crime to pose an ongoing threat to our community.
Roads and Travel
Get the latest road reports for North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota, as well as travel alerts for students studying elsewhere in the U.S. or around the world.
Annual Security Report
Annual security and fire safety reports are drafted to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act. In addition, they inform you of the safety programs and services available and the steps you can take to maintain your safety and the security of others.
Safety Resources and Forms
Report a crime, request approval for an event or watch educational videos to keep yourself and the community safe.
Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
BIT can assist students who may be struggling and assesses whether individuals pose a threat to themselves or others. It provides assistance to those in need and will intervene where necessary.
Campus and City Safety Contacts
- UND Office of Safety: 701.777.3341
- University Police Department: 701.777.3491
- Equal Opportunity & Title IX: 701.777.4171
- University Counseling Center: 701.777.2127
- Grand Forks Police Department: 701.787.8000
- Grand Forks Fire Department: 701.746.2566
- Grand Forks County Sheriff's Department: 701.780.8280
- Grand Forks Public Health Department: 701.787.8100
- Grand Forks Emergency Management: 701.780.8213