Associate Professor, Petroleum Engineering
- EOR, PTA/RTA, NFRs, Unconventional Reservoirs, Geothermal Resources
Dr. Jabbari, Associate Professor at the Petroleum Engineering Department, joined UND in 2013. Before starting work at UND, he had worked for several years in the oil and gas industry at various capacities; from work on offshore platforms to serve as a reservoir engineer. His research areas include analytical and numerical modeling of transport phenomena in porous media; hydraulic fracturing, EOR (CO2, thermal; SAGD, ISC, hot-water imbibition, surfactants and wettability alteration), pressure/rate transient analysis, naturally fractured reservoirs, and geothermal reservoir engineering.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Numerical Reservoir Simulation
- Advanced Reservoir Engineering
- Pressure Transient Analysis
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Petroleum Fluid Properties
- Senior Design
- Computer Applications in PE
- Unconventional Reservoir Eng.; RTA/PTA/HF
- Geothermal Reservoir Engineering
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (Thermal, CO2, Surfactant)
- Real-Time Hydro-Fracking Optimization
- Naturally Fractured Reservoirs (NFRs)
- Production/Completion Challenges in Unconventional Resources
- A. Ellafi, H. Jabbari. 2021. Unconventional Well Test Analysis for Assessing Individual Fracture Stages through Post-Treatment Pressure Falloffs: Case Study, Energies 2021, 14(20), 6747.
- AG Almetwally, H Jabbari. 2021. CO2 huff-n-puff experimentation and numerical simulation for 3D printed rock samples, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 180, 121798.
- AG Almetwally, H Jabbari. 2021. 3D-Printing Replication of Porous Media for Lab-Scale Characterization Research, ACS Omega 6 (4), 2655-2664.
- O.S. Tomomewo, MD Mann, A. Ellafi, H. Jabbari, C. Tang, M.Ba Geri, O. Kolawole, A. Adebisi, O. Ibikunle, M. Alamooti, A. Iroko. 2021. Creating Value for The High-Saline Bakken Produced Water by Optimizing its Viscoelastic Properties and Proppant Carrying Tendency with High-Viscosity Friction Reducers, SPE Western Regional Meeting.
- A Assady, S Sagar, A Bellal, H Jabbari. 2021. Application of Digital Rock Analysis (DRA) in Pore-Scale Characterization of the Bakken Formation, 55th US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- A Ellafi, H Jabbari, OS Tomomewo, MD Mann, MB Geri, C Tang. 2020. Future of Hydraulic Fracturing Application in terms of water management and Environmental Issues: A Critical Review, SPE Canada Unconventional Resources Conference.
- A Ellafi, H Jabbari. 2020. Understanding the mechanisms of Huff-N-Puff, CO2-EOR in liquid-rich shale plays: Bakken case study, SPE Canada Unconventional Resources Conference.
- A Assady, H Jabbari. 2020. Pore Size Distribution and Permeability Hysteresis in Unconventional Plays; Digital Rock Physics and Pulse Decay, 54th US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- A Ellafi, H Jabbari, M Ba Geri, OS Tomomewo. 2020. Using High-Viscosity Friction Reducers (HVFRs) to Enhance SRVs in High TDS Formations: Bakken Case Study, 54th US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- AG Almetwally, H Jabbari. 2020. Finite-difference simulation of coreflooding based on a reconstructed CT scan; modeling transient oscillating and pulse decay permeability experiment, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 107260.
- AG Almetwally, H Jabbari. 2020. Experimental investigation of 3D printed rock samples replicas, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 76, 103192.
- A Ellafi, H Jabbari, X Wan, V Rasouli, MB Geri, W Al-Bazzaz. 2020. How Does HVFRs in High TDS Environment Enhance Reservoir Stimulation Volume? International Petroleum Technology Conference.
- A Ellafi, H Jabbari, M Ba Geri, E Alkamil. 2019. Can HVFRs Increase the Oil Recovery in Hydraulic Fractures Applications? Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference.
- AG Almetwally, H Jabbari. 2019. CT-Scan Image Processing for Accurate Pore Network Modeling and Core Samples 3D Printing: Polynomial Interpolation & Geostatistical QC, 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- N Badrouchi, H Jabbari, F Badrouchi, OS Tomomew. 2019. Comparing Different Methods of Permeability Measurement for Bakken Core Samples: Steady-State vs. Aspike & Multi-Pulse, 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- A Ellafi, H Jabbari. 2019. Coupling Geomechanics with Diffusion/Adsorption Mechanisms to Enhance Bakken CO2-EOR Modeling, 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- AG Almetwally, H Jabbari. 2019. Development of Novel Workflow to Replicate Pore Network of Porous Core Samples Through 3D Printing Technology, 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- A Assady, H Jabbari, AM Ellafi, B Goudarzi. 2019. On the Characterization of Bakken Formation: Oscillating-Pulse, Pulse-Decay Permeability Measurement & Geomeachanics. 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- A Ellafi, M Ba Geri, B Bubach, H Jabbari. 2019. Formation Evaluation and Hydraulic Fracture Modeling of Unconventional Reservoirs: Sab'atayn Basin Case Study, 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- Tomomewo OS, H Jabbari, N Badrouchi, C Onwumelu, M Mann. 2019. Characterization of the Bakken Formation using NMR and SEM Techniques, 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium.
- Gong L, B. Liu, X. Fu, H. Jabbari, S. Gao, W. Yue, Y. Sun, R. Fu, and Z. Wang. 2019. Quantitative Prediction of Sub-Seismic Faults and their Impact on Water Flooding Development: Bozhong 34-2 Oilfield Case Study, the Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Volume 172, January 2019, Pages 60-69.
- Gong L., S. Gao, L. Zeng, H. Jabbari, W. Yue, A. Gao, and X. Fan. 2019. Characteristics and Genetic Mechanism of Natural Fractures in the Tight Sandstones: A Case Study of Xujiahe Formation in Jiulongshan Gas Field, China, the Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering
- Gong L., S. Gao1, Z. Wang, L. Zeng, H. Jabbari, and Wenting Yue. 2018. A New Approach for Characterization and Prediction of Natural Fractures Occurrence in Tight-Sandstones with Intense Anisotropy, AAPG Bulletin, Ms. No. BLTN18-054R2
- H. Jabbari, K. Afsari, M. Rabiei, A. Monk. 2017. Thermally-induced wettability alteration from hot-water imbibition in naturally fractured reservoirs—Part 1: Numerical model development & 1D models. FUEL. Vol. 208, 15 November 2017, pp. 682–691,
- H. Jabbari, K. Afsari, M. Rabiei, A. Monk. 2017. Thermally-induced wettability alteration from hot-water imbibition in naturally fractured reservoirs—Part 2: 2D models, sensitivity study & heavy oil. FUEL. Vol. 208, 15 November 2017, pp. 692–700.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) New Direction Award, 2018
- PhD, Petroleum Engineering, University of North Dakota, 2013
- MSc, Reservoir Engineering, Sharif University of Tech, 2006
- BSc, Production Engineering, Petroleum University of Tech, 2004