- 2014 – Director of Aviation Industry Relations, Professor, Department of Aviation
- 1997 - 2014 Chairman, Professor, Department of Aviation
- 1994 – 1997 Chairman, Associate Professor, Department of Aviation
- 1989 - 1994 Associate Professor, Assistant Chair, Department of Aviation, Center for Aerospace Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- 1984 – 1989 Assistant Professor, Department of Aviation, Center for Aerospace Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 1980 – 1984 Assistant Chief Flight Instructor and Academic Lecturer, Department of Aviation, Flight Operations, Center for Aerospace Sciences, University of North Dakota.
- Avit 414 - CFI Certification
- 325 – Multi-engine Systems and Procedures
Awards and Accomplishments
- William A. Wheatley Award, Co-Sponsors United Airlines and UAA. Dallas, Texas, September 1992.
- NIFA Outstanding Coach of the Year, 1986 and 1989.
- NIFA National Championship, Faculty Advisor/Coach, UND Flying Team, 1985-1989, 1994.
- NIFA Founder’s Award, 2014
- Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI) Chairman’s Award, 2014
- McDermott Award for Departmental Excellence in Teaching, University of North Dakota, Department of Aviation, 1989, 1998.
- Fellows of the University Award for Departmental Excellence in Public Service, University of North Dakota, Department of Aviation, 1986, 2002.
- National Residence Hall Honorary for outstanding contributions to the Residence Hall System at UND, 2012
- Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor, 2019
Pilot Certificate: Airline Transport Pilot Airplane Multiengine Land
CE500 Type Rating
Commercial Pilot Privileges Airplane Single Engine Land
Flight Instructor: Airplane Single and Multiengine Land
Instrument - Airplane
- NBAA Professional Development Committee 2001-2003, 2014 -
- NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Governing Board, Organizational Director, 2004-2014
- National Intercollegiate Flying Association (NIFA) Board of Directors and Council member, 1985 –2012
- FAA ARAC ACS Working Group 2012-
- FAA ACS Exam Board 2014 -
- FAA ACT ARC ATP Work Group Subject Matter Expert 2014 -
- UND Faculty Senate, 1999, 2000, 2004-2006.
- UND Academic Advisement Committee, 1989-1992, 2003 – 2007
- UND Enrollment Management Task Force, 2007-2011
- UND Strategic Enrollment Management Planning Committee, Scholarship Task Force,2013 - 2015
- Fleet Acquisition Committee, 1997 –
- Safety Council 2010 -