Dr. Md Ashraf Hossain is a Postdoc in Electrochemical Process Development at the EERC, where he conducts research on perovskite solar cells using plasmonic nanoparticles. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Nano Fusion Technology from Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea, and M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology from Rajshahi University, Bangladesh. Prior to his position at the EERC, Dr. Hossain was a Research Professor in the Department of Materials Science & Engineering, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea.
Dr. Hossain’s principal areas of interest and expertise include all-inorganic perovskite nanomaterials; nanomaterials synthesis; semiconductor quantum dots; semiconductor nanocrystal device fabrication; solar cells, photodetector, energy storage device fabrication, and characterization; and flexible and stretchable electronics, such as strain sensor and temperature sensor. He has authored or co-authored numerous peer-reviewed and other professional publications.
- All-inorganic perovskite nanomaterials
- Nanomaterials synthesis.
- Semiconductor quantum dots.
- Semiconductor nanocrystal device fabrication.
- Solar cells, photodetector, energy storage device fabrication, and characterization.
- Flexible and stretchable electronics, such as strain sensor, temperature sensor.
- Md Ashraf Hossain, Sunghyun Jeon, Junhyuk Ahn, Junsung Bang, Ho Kun Woo, Shihab B. Hafiz, Dong-Kyun Ko, Soong Ju Oh, Property engineering through chemical transformation of colloidal nanocrystal thin films, Applied Surface Science, 513 (2020) 145721.
- Md Masruck Alam, Md Ashraf Hossain, Md Delowar Hossain, Md Abu Hossain Johir, Md Jewel Hossain, Md Saifur Rahman, John L Zhou, ATM Kamrul Hasan, Aneek Krishna Karmakar, Md Boshir Ahmed, Potentiality of Rice Husk Derived Activated Carbon: Synthesis to Application, Processes, 2020, 8(2), 203.
- Tasmina Khandakar, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Palash Kumar Dhar, Md. Saifur Rahman, Md Ashraf Hossain*, Mohammad Boshir Ahmed, Efficacies of carbon-based adsorbents for carbon dioxide capture, Processes, 2020,8 (6), 654.
- Md Saifur Rahman, Md Ibrahim H. Mondal, Mst Samina Yeasmin, M. Abu Sayeed, Md Ashraf Hossain, Mohammad Boshir Ahmed, Conversion of lignocellulosic corn agro-waste into cellulose derivative and potential application as pharmaceutical excipients, Processes, 2020, 8, 711.
- Md Ashraf Hossain, Sunghyun Jeon, Junhyuk Ahn, Junsung Bang, Soong Ju Oh, Control of tunneling gap between nanocrystals by introduction of solution processed interfacial layers for wearable sensor application. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 73 (2019), 214-220.
- Mingi Seong, Hoyoung Kim, Young Woo, Md Ashraf Hossain, Jun Hyuk Ahn, Soo-Kil Kim Taejong Paik, Soong Ju Oh, Chemical Transformation of solution-processed Ag Nanocrystal thin films into electrically conductive and catalytically active Pt-based nanostructures, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 76 (2019), 388-395.
- Sanghyun Jeon, Junhyuk Ahn, Haneun Kim, Ho Kun Woo, Junsung Bang, Woo Seok Lee, Donggyu Kim, Md Ashraf Hossain, Soong Ju Oh, Investigation of chemical effect of solvents during ligand exchange on nanocrystal thin films for their wearable sensor application, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 123 (2019) 11001-11010.
- Hyungmok Joh, Woo Seok Lee, Min Su Kang, Mingi Seong, Haneun Kim, Junsung Bang, Seung-Wook Lee, Md Ashraf Hossain, and Soong Ju Oh, Surface design of nanocrystals for high-performance multifunctional sensors in wearable and attachable electronics, Chemistry of Materials, 31 (2019) 436-444.
- Md Ashraf Hossain, Changjin Son, Sangwoo Lim,Improvement in the photovoltaic performance of a dye-sensitized solar cell by the addition of CeO2: Gd nanoparticles in the photoanode, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 65 (2018), 418-422.
- Md Ashraf Hossain, Sehyun Oh, Sangwoo Lim,Fabrication of dye-sensitized solar cells using a both-ends-opened TiO2 nanotube/nanoparticles hetero-nanostructure, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 51 (2017), 122-128.
- Md Ashraf Hossain, Jieun Park, Dayoung Yoo,Yeon-Kyung Baik, Yangdo Kim, Soo Hyung Kim, Dongyun Lee, Surface plasmon effects on dye-sensitized solar cells by SiO2-encapsulated Ag nanoparticles, Current Applied Physics, 16 (2016), 397-403.
- Jieun Park#, Minju Oh#, Md Ashraf Hossain#, Keun Young Lee, Sang-Woo Kim, Dongyun Lee, Mechanical properties of an individual nanorods and nanotubes in forest-like structures. Scripta Materialia, 133 (2017), 54-58.
- Timur Sh. Atabaev, Md Ashraf Hossain, Dongyun Lee, Hyung-Kook Kim, Yoon-Hwae Hwang, Pt-coated TiO2 nanorods for photoelectrochemical water splitting applications, Results in Physics, 6 (2016), 373-376.
- Ermias Libnedengel Tsege, Timur Sh. Atabaev,Md Ashraf Hossain, Dongyun Lee, Hyung-Kook Kim, Yoon-Hwae Hwang, Cu-doped flower-like hematite nanostructures for efficient water splitting application, Journal of Chemistry and Physics of Solids, 98(2016), 283-289.
- Hong Ha Thi Vu, Timur Sh. Atabaev, De Pham-Cong, Md Ashraf Hossain, Dongyun Lee, Nguyen Nang Dinh, Chae-Ryong Cho, Hyung-Kook Kim, Yoon-Hwae Hwang, TiO2 nanofiber/nanoparticles composite photoelectrodes with improved light harvesting ability for dye-sensitized solar cells, Electrochimica Acta, 193(2016), 166-171.
- Md Ashraf Hossain, Jieun Park, Ji Young Ahn, Chansu Park, Yangdo Kim, Soo Hyung Kim, Dongyun Lee, Investigation of TiO2nanotubes/nanoparticles stacking sequences to improve power conversion efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cells, Electrochimica Acta, 173 (2015), 665-671.
- Syed Rahin Ahmed, Md Ashraf Hossain, Jung Youn Park, Soo Hyung Kim, Dongyun Lee, Testuro Suzuki, Jaebeom Lee, Enoch Y. Park, Metal enhanced fluorescence on nanoporous gold leaf-based assay platform for virus detection, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 58: 33 (2014).
Brain Korea21 (BK21) Graduate Student Scholarship (2010-2012)
Brain Korea21 plus (BK21+) Graduate Student Scholarship (2012-2015)
Brain Korea21 plus (BK21+) Post-doctoral fellow (2016-2018)
Brain Korea21 plus (BK21+) Research Professor fellow (2018-2020)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) August ’2015:Department of Nano Fusion Technology, Pusan National University, Soth Korea.
Masters of Science (M.Sc.) September’2007:Department of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) September’2005:Department of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
08/2020 to Present: Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC); University of North Dakota, North Dakota, USA.
03/2018 to 02/2020:Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea.
03/2016 to 02/2018:Dept. Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea.
09/2015 to 02/2016:Institute of Energy Convergence Technology, Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea.
09/2007 to 02/2010:Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Bangladesh.