Associate Chair, Professor, Mathematics
- Email: michael.minnotte@UND.edu
- Office: 701.777.4611
- Dept: 701.777.2881
Witmer Hall Room 318
101 Cornell Street Stop 8376
Grand Forks ND 58202-8376
Dr. Minnotte has been in the UND Department of Mathematics since 2007, where he currently holds the rank of full professor and position of associate chair. He received his B.A. with majors in Statistics and Mathematical Sciences from Rice University in 1989, and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Statistics from Rice in 1992 and 1993, respectively.
Prior to coming to UND, Dr. Minnotte was a faculty member in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Utah State University. He has also held visiting researcher positions at George Mason University, Australian National University, and the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Virginia.
His statistical work developing nonparametric methods of modeling and feature detection for populations which are not well fit by standard models has appeared in journals including The Annals of Statistics, Journal of the American Statistical Association, and Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. His applied research on the intersections of work, life, and gender has been published in venues such as Sex Roles, Journal of Family Issues, and Family Relations.
- MATH 321, Applied Statistical Methods
- MATH 421-422, Statistical Theory I & II
- MATH 541, Linear Statistical Models
- MATH 542, Advanced Topics in Statistics: Modern Nonparametric Statistics
- MATH 542, Advanced Topics in Statistics: Statistical Graphics and Visualization
- Nonparametric Density Estimation and Feature Detection
- Data Graphics and Visualization
- Applied Regression and Statistical Modeling