Top Online University | UND
Remote vs. Online Learning
They are not the same.
Learning remotely happens when students can no longer be in the same classroom. Learning online happens when you get an education that rivals the classroom experience. That's the UND difference. We began educating at a distance in 1911 with correspondence-by-mail courses. Today, UND remains the leader in online education in our 8-state region.
Top Online University
UND serves the largest number of exclusively online students among all nonprofit, flagship universities in the region.
- University of North Dakota: 3,531
- The University of Iowa: 3,022
- University of South Dakota: 2,890
- University of Wyoming: 1,666
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln: 1,649
- University of Minnesota: 1,095
- University of Wisconsin: 850
- University of Montana: 587