Financial Aid Disbursement
All official communication from the UND Student Financial Aid Office will be sent to your University Student Email account. It is very important that you activate your UND e-mail account as soon as it is available and regularly check it or forward it.
If you have problems accessing CampusConnection or UND e-mail after following the instructions below, please call the Help Desk at: 1-866-457-6387 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Award Acceptance
Most financial aid must be accepted through the CampusConnection portal before it can be processed so you can receive the funds.
All financial aid award notifications (initial or revised) are sent to your University Student Email account. This e-mail notification will contain information on how to process your financial aid awards electronically through CampusConnection. You can also access your financial aid awards anytime by logging directly into CampusConnection.
Through CampusConnection, you can accept, modify or decline the financial aid awards offered to you. You must respond to your Award Notice with 30 days of the date of your e-mail notification or your awards may be cancelled.
To access your financial aid awards in CampusConnection:
- Click on Aid Year 2014 to process awards for the 2013-14 Academic Year or 2014 Summer Session
- Click on Aid Year 2014 to process awards for the 2013-14 Academic Year or 2014 Summer Session.
To View a summary of your financial aid awards in Campus Connection, go to Student Center > View Financial Aid.
To accept/decline your financial aid awards, in Campus Connection, go to Student Center > Accept/Decline Awards.
To access CampusConnection and UND E-Mail For the First Time
To access Campus/Connectionfor the first time, you must claim your IdM (Identity Management) account and take the acceptable use quiz (if you haven't already done so).
- Go to http://claim.ndus.edu and follow the instructions to complete the quiz and claim your UserID and set your Password for CampusConnection.
- If you are not sure if you have already claimed your account, click on Have I claimed my NDUS account ? Enter your date of birth (in the displayed format) and your EMPLID. If you have claimed your account, your UserID will be displayed, otherwise you will need to go through the claiming process.
- If you have claimed your account and Forgot your Password, click on Forgot your Password? Enter your UserID and answer your authentication questions, you will be able to choose a new password.
To access your University Student Email, you must have claimed your IdM (Identity Management) account (see above).
- Your IdM account is your user name and password for a number of services, including CampusConnection, E-Mail, Blackboard, and network authentication.
- Links to Live@edu and other services are on the UND home page, UND.edu, click on Current Students.
Call the Help Desk toll free (866) 457-6387 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any problems accessing UND e-mail or CampusConnection.
Financial Aid Disbursement
Financial aid will be disbursed based on the number of credit hours you are enrolled in as of 11:59pm September 4 for fall 2013 and 11:59pm January 23 for spring 2014. Classes dropped or added after this date will not be considered for financial aid eligibility.
- Part-term classes dropped before their start date may result in the repayment of financial aid received or the reduction of aid awarded.
Excess Financial Aid (Refunds)
Financial aid in excess of your bill at the University will be sent to the refund preference selected on your UND Refund Choice card. You must go to the UND Student Account Services website to select how you wish to receive the refund. If you do not select a preference a check will be issued by Higher One after 14 days and mailed to the address UND provided to Higher One. This is the address used at the time the UND Refund Choice was issued to you.
Parent's may elect to have any excess funds from a parent Direct PLUS loan sent to the parent or the student during the application process. Excess funds sent to the parent may be direct-deposited to any bank account of the parent's choice by completing the following form: Parent PLUS Loan Direct Deposit Form.
Important Dates and Deadlines
What can delay disbursement of your financial aid?
- Have you accepted your awards in CampusConnection?
- Have you completed all outstanding items on your To Do List in CampusConnection?
- Do you have any financial aid Holds in CampusConnection?
- Do you meet the minimum enrollment requirements to receive your financial aid awards?
- For most grants and scholarships this is 12 credit hours, Federal Work-Study and most loans require a minimum of 6 credit hours. Please see program information in the left navigation for the specific requirements for each financial aid program.Hav
- Have you selected a refund preference with your Pride Card?